A Visit to the Fleet Air Arm Museum - July 1st 2014

Jessie The Jeep

It's been a while since I've been to the FAAM, and in the past, I've visited without a decent camera. This was my first visit with a DSLR. Some of the hangars are very dark, and without a tripod, imaging was challenging. I ended up shooting at ISO1600 at shutter speeds as low as 2 seconds. Shooting in RAW mode, most pictures came out pretty well. Here's a small selection.

Pup

Scout

Flycatcher

Edited by Jessie The Jeep

I think it is. In my original photo, there's a name card on the floor that says Gloster Sea Gladiator N5???? and the rest of the serial can't be seen due to the trolley supporting the aircraft. Wiki says only 60 Sea Glad's were built, Serial numbers: N5500 – N5549 and N5565 – N5574. So it could well be one of those.

Just had a quick google and turned up this http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CBsQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.fleetairarm.com%2FUploads%2FFiles%2Fen-GB%2Fgloster_sea_gladiator%2520low%2520res.pdf&rct=j&q=faa%20museum%20gloster%20gladiator&ei=eKq7U7DsF8SN7AbiyIHoCQ&usg=AFQjCNGMyYRdriUs-Mu7BwAdnpb_1Tn_8Q

it implies they have a large number of parts of gladiator possibly a mix of sea glad and raf glad and quite rightly are rebuilding as the airframe they believe it is until someone tells them it's not. Good luck to them it'll be nice to see when completed.

Steve