Arrows Trailers Info

Rover8FFR

I've got the opportunity to acquire an Arrows 3/4 Ton trailer for a handful of pounds.

I regret selling my Sankey some years back and I think the Arrows may be an alternative. Ideally suited more to the Humber? Also it's larger which appeals to me also.

I know it's larger than a Sankey and they were usually pulled by trucks, not Landies, but what else should I be aware of.

Are they a good mule?

Cheers

Edited by Rover8FFR
Typo

I am sure it will have it's

Yes but will it Wayne? A bargain but with what are you going to tow it & for what purpose? AFAIK it looks like the Pig is the only option you have but they are not matched mechanically or historically & you must surely be able to fit any of your kit within the Pig itself?

I don't know, you might be planning to fit a pair of Water Carriage Packs & be able to water the horses. I have just one WCP for that purpose. But even my much smaller FV2381 doesn't see much use & as you know ends up as a storage facility for junk :D

Yes but will it Wayne? A bargain but with what are you going to tow it & for what purpose? AFAIK it looks like the Pig is the only option you have but they are not matched mechanically or historically & you must surely be able to fit any of your kit within the Pig itself?

I don't know, you might be planning to fit a pair of Water Carriage Packs & be able to water the horses. I have just one WCP for that purpose. But even my much smaller FV2381 doesn't see much use & as you know ends up as a storage facility for junk :D

Yes and No to all of the above! I have a few uses in mind and not necessarily for the Pig, as I would prefer to find a 1 Ton trailer in due course to be correct as you say.

One mans junk is another mans treasure ;)

Have you seen it? The Arrows 1.3/4 Ton trailer is a big beast, they are not very popular and mint ones are not expensive. They are heavy if you need to move it on your own .

That explains the price I guess.

Thanks for the info :-)

Well I bought the Arrows and what a sound trailer it is.

A few cosmetic issues but towed it back over 150miles and it was faultless and the brakes are excellent with very little snatching at the pintle end. Towed using wife's Jeep Grand Cherokee, and didn't miss a beat.

better economy than lugging her horse trailer too ;)

Its a big one that's for sure but I think a real bargain and the little bits are there like wheel brace canvas cover and rear legs etc.

It will most definitely have it's uses.

Edited by Rover8FFR
Typo

I've also established that the Arrows trailer has the same 1 1/2" Lockheed master cylinder as the Humber Pig, with exact mounting hole positions as well.

That may come in useful if the bore on mine makes a seal kit a waste of time.... LoL.

I used it at the weekend camping and It towed like a dream, even if it was a little low at the hitch. We certainly got everything in it and not the boot, the roof etc...... :D

I'll post some pictures shortly if anyone is interested.

• 4 months later...

I just collected one of these Arrows trailers mainly to use with my RB44. I towed it home with my Chevy 1Ton dually. It tows great and I just need to adjust the hitch on the truck side a little higher to make it ride more level and Ill use it for both. Its no wider than my autohauler that I use to tow the M38 and M100 trailer to shows. I havent tried it on the RB44 yet as its put away for the winter.:-)

What I need is a copy of the technical manual for it. especially the operation of the brake system. Also the proper canvas cover for it would be nice. So if anyone has those items please let me know.

What I need is a copy of the technical manual for it. especially the operation of the brake system. Also the proper canvas cover for it would be nice. So if anyone has those items please let me know.

I might be able to help a little there, albeit I will need to scan the document and upload etc.

Which model do you have? Early or later?

Cheers