Mk1 1941 Universal Mortar Carrier for sale.

motar carrier 2.jpg

Very early, almost complete, un-cut mk1 1941 British made Mortar carrier for sale, early front fixed plate. Upon speaking to Nigel Watson (carrier expert), there are only 2 of these in existence and both Canadian made, so this is the only British made one, left in the world. I do have a NOS original front guards, a British made gearbox, and standard flathead ford v8 to go with it. Also comes with the original mortar ammunition rack for inside. Lots of other bits and pieces to go with it. Also comes with the original brass ID plate for the front guard. Made by Wolseley in 1941

Please email me for more info markp5218@hotmail.com

Serious enquiries only thanks.

It's not the only British made 3" Mortar Carrier in the world. I know of at least 3 others in New Zealand alone. Looks like a good project for someone though. Is this one still in New Zealand or has it been shipped overseas?

Id love to know how you come up with that. Upon speaking to Nigel Watson of the carrier world, he tells me that he may know of 1 but can not confirm it. Can you send me pictures ? :undecided:

M............

Hi There

Heres a couple

T80000 (Project) Sentinel built located Waipukarau NZ

T80030 Mine Sentinel built located Palmerston North NZ

plus another 3 Sentinel built carriers as projects around NZ Kapiti,Rongotea and Gisborne

Plus the Conger carrier at Overloon started life as a Sentinel built mortar carrier

Do you have the "T" number for your Carrier?

Regards

Dave

will try and add a pic tonight

Edited by T80030
question

don't suppose you have the pattern for the rear mortar carrier that holds the mortar on the back of the carrier ?:shocked: the brackets ?

Not so much in the way of spares. some patterns but while mines driveable theres still quite a lot i'm looking for

Dave