Need help decoding information

mikkelpf

Could they be classified ?

I shouldn't think so. I have some MERLIN printouts (RP10505) & they are marked UNCLASSIFIED on the top of each page including one that is a COMMENTS page (RP10504).

Most MERLIN reports don't have the COMMENTS page so the person providing you with the main report either didn't search for it or maybe thought it was so trivial you would not be interested. I suppose you can make another Freedom of Information Application specifically asking for this page.

211 AMB SQN RCT = part of 152 (Ulster) Ambulance Regiment, Royal Corps of Transport (Volunteer), based in Londonderry

40 SIG REGT = 40 (Ulster) Signal Regiment, Royal Corps of Signals (Volunteer), HQ in Belfast

MVSL = Military Vehicle Spares Limited, Lichfield, Staffordshire

Hope this helps!

211 AMB SQN RCT = part of 152 (Ulster) Ambulance Regiment, Royal Corps of Transport (Volunteer), based in Londonderry

40 SIG REGT = 40 (Ulster) Signal Regiment, Royal Corps of Signals (Volunteer), HQ in Belfast

MVSL = Military Vehicle Spares Limited, Lichfield, Staffordshire

Hope this helps!

Thank You for the information.

Where would be the best place to search for more information on both the car, where it has been stationed and perhaps find out if it has been to any foreign locations.

It looks like your Ambulance spent it's service life with TA units in Northern Ireland so I'd be suprised if it went abroad at any time. I think the units still exist so you could find their address on the internet and write to them!

The RLC Musuem at Deepcut now has Vehicle History Cards available on line (for £35!) - these would cover your Land Rover's early years and there may possibly be more info that wasn't transferred to the Merlin system

What would they have been doing with an ambulance ?

Because of its proximity to Stranraer and number of empty aircraft hangars, West Freugh has been (and still is) used as a depot for NI vehicles that MOD don't want to put on the ferry. It's quite possible than when it was in "Northern Ireland" it actually sat in a hangar at West Freugh!

http://www.ltpa.co.uk/site_range/west_freugh/index.asp

Andy

Edited by andym
Link added

Not wanting to appear a pedant, but this is a JAMES Report not MERLIN. MERLIN is no longer used, all the ERM data has been transferred to JAMES, although the same database is used for the UINs. Basically the reports are in a different format but contain the same information.