Early 58 Pattern Waterbottle Set,Case,Bottle and Mug-All dated 1962.

Scotch Harry

Newest Ebay purchase just arrived and very very happy. Early 58Pattern WaterBottle set and by the looks of things everything seems to have been together a long time(untouched). Twist lock bottle carrier dated 196? made by Remploy,Green Bottle Dated 1962 made by Cascelloid Cat No 0035, BLACK Mug Dated 1962 No Maker stamp Cat No 0579.

EDIT.

Just removed the mug and maker stamped inside the mug as Cascaflex.

Thanks for the pics, although I'm slightly annoyed that I'm now going to be forced to check the markings on all the black '58 Patt mugs I see. ;)

My 1962 bottle won't fit in my early water bottle carrier with a mug attached. I assume it's shrunk.

I will also have to check the 10 or so black mugs I have around here somewhere as in all honesty never given them a second thought before,always assumed that the elusive mug would be green so never checked the dates.

My set looks to have been together a long long time and a hell of a job to get in and out of the carrier. Another reason for the re design as Im sure the later carrier was slightly bigger?

I have taken a few gambles lately on Ebay(this and the RAC Holster) and both worked in my favour,they dont always do so. All I bought this set was for the bottle and carrier as seeing the mug was black I assumed it would be an 80s one so was very surprised when it arrived,and cheap as well.

Sorry i do not have any pictures but on Sunday i went to a museum and chating to a very senior member a guy came in with a kitbag stuffed full of 58 pattern webbing the result was that i was given a compleat set except for a water bottle chuffed to bits. ( donated £20 to the museum ) you know who you are, once again thanks, Graham.:D