Austin K5 Cab tidy up.

Ian L

Not a total restoration but an urgent tidy up before she falls apart, I had no intention of doing anymore than just routine maintance on the K5 as I have to many on going restorations but the cab got 'on the work' so had no choice.

007.JPG

008.JPG

011.JPG

014.JPG

007.JPG

008.JPG

011.JPG

014.JPG

• Like 1

Tom got on with the engine service, the rear core plug looked a little suspect but once it was removed we could see it was much worse as the block was also badly corroded so he carefully cleaned up the hole with a dermal before refitting the plug with a sealer.

We also fitted one of these John Mortimer reusable oil filters & gave her as service.

002.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG

012.JPG

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG

012.JPG

001.JPG

Nice work as usual Ian

That K5 is a lovely truck and well worthy of some TLC

Cheers

Jules

Cheers Jules thanks, Jane's just said she loves the K5 and wishes I hadn't bought the QL :mad::mad:

P.S. where you been ? we haven't seen you at North Oxford MVT since Christmas

It's a new sheet of metal Bill. Paint stripper is good to use, though flipping expensive now. I quite like to use the poly carbide discs for flat panel work, takes all the paint off ace, and leaves a good finish on the steel for painting.

Good job there Ian, great work.

Simon

Thanks Simon, my mate Steve is knocking me up a drivers side step/door shut tomorrow so I can get back on with it on Sunday.

021.JPG

022.JPG

021.JPG

022.JPG

Hi Ian, Nice to see some more of your Austin! I want your oil filter.Are they still available! Could you post a image of the spare wheel stow as i aint got a clue how it goes? I must get your way some time and have a look! If i can get my missus to work the computer i will try and post you some images of my truck! Thanks TC.

Hi Ian, Nice to see some more of your Austin! I want your oil filter.Are they still available! Could you post a image of the spare wheel stow as i aint got a clue how it goes? I must get your way some time and have a look! If i can get my missus to work the computer i will try and post you some images of my truck! Thanks TC.

Hi Tony I've not forgotten your brass petrol cap before you ask, I'll be working on her for the next few days one handed as I'm still off work with a fractured wrist if you want to come over ?

Hi Mate, Just came in from working on mine and im waiting for paint to dry! Did you crack your wrist cranking your lorry over? Ive just about got my bottom half of my cab rebuilt and about to paint over. Next is to blast me buck and paint before lifting on. Then fit me tyres ,wire up and yippee with a bit of luck im a sceamin!

The seat base/battery box was so badly corroded along the bottom lip that there was nothing attaching it to the floor, Steve folded me up a 3 sided box with flanges so all I had to do was make it fit & drill the holes, then the fun part of welding it up with my new spot welder :D

004.JPG

005.JPG

006.JPG

007.JPG

008.JPG

010.JPG

009.JPG

011.JPG

012.JPG

013.JPG