bought this steeringwheel...

.303fan

Question

7 answers to this question

Unless you know somebody with the correct S3 spline broach - may be a non-starter. Early good condition , early "Bluemells" S3 are getting rare , however the later S3 plastic type is not to rare. In any case - it would look better on such as a S1 or S2/S2A that has a pinch fitting , may be easier / less costly to bore & pinch.

Good find ,, I think I would hold fire , should be identifiable & may be worth loads of ££££ as/is..

the hub of the steering wheel is aluminum,

it would never fit a pinch bolt 2a steering column.

200 plus views and only one reply, makes it a bit hard to get info.

cheers,

Arjan

--------------

As you say :-

200 views , does not bode well (seems wrong sort of forum) - probably some car that was not adopted for military use , probably time for other Classic car forums , any makers marks (logo) on hub casting ??

As has been said - the label probably holds the best clue for now. NOS steering wheels are always in demand - patience ,,

Can't blame me for trying :)

i have seen extensive wisdom on this forum on both military and civilian vehicles, i hoped someone might have seen something similar.

the only mark i have seen in a C , in the hub section. The label on there is the luggage tag from a arabic airline to london Heathrow