european plates for a military jeep

Hi I live in greece and i have a military m38 jeep!!!What i want to ask is if i can register my jeep with plates (antigue plates or historic or whatever) in another country? I mean to register my car for example in UK or else and drive it legally herein greece where i live!!! i do not want to register my car in greek clubs (EOOE witch is part of FIVA.org) any ideas

Um, I know from bringing a vehicle in from Jersey, which is part of UK, but not (It's complicated) but that had Jersey plates. I couldn't keep it in the country on those plates and had to register in UK as that's where I reside. There may also be insurance problems on a 'Forign' registered vehicle. You would need to display an English tax disc, or whatever system we are due to go over to later this year. And as for general standard of service. As you may have gathered if you've followed some threads DVLA/VOSA are a right bunch of ............... useless is the kindest description.

As far as i am aware, you cannot register a vehicle in another country unless you are a resident in said country IE you spend more than six months in that country, you cannot register a vehicle in this country and drive it in another country for more than six months without changeing the registration to that country EU law.

So (1)If you live in Greece then you must have Greece registration.

(2)If you move to Greece from the UK and take your English reg vehicle then you must change the reg to the country of residency and pay any duty and tax and reregister it.

(3)If you register it here you will be liable to pay duty and any relevent taxes, and if the vehicle is out of the country for more than an agreed period of time with an insurance company you will not be insured.

(4)Your screwed. :help:

Sadly, although European politicians profess a devotion to the free movement of goods and services, this only extends to helping their friends in multinationals arrange cheap imports and exports and to hold the cost of labour down. When it comes to any form of freedom of choice which might deplete their national coffers then there are laws against it.

If Europe did what it says on the package, then we'd be able to choose which country we registered in.

This is a problem which I feel acutely here in Belgium as I am compelled to ride a seventy year old motorcycle with a reflective rear number plate and which will shortly be allocated a new type of reflective plate that will even look wrong on 1970s machines.

UK, Netherlands and France have all managed to evolve a system which allows at least a plate which looks more or less old-fashioned.