02ed31 fv434

SebBrady

Hi all, thought I would post up about the vehicle!

To be honest with you im completely new into this and often branded nuts due to my age! haha. Not often you get someone going out to buy a tank over a fast car or some holiday to spain! So onto the tank! :angel:

I recently purchased a FV434 from a collector which is from 1968 and ending service i believe in 2007. I really dont know much more about the history but thats on the to do card.

There is me primarily involved in keep this thing up and running however a lovely rookie bunch of friends are all to willing to help and was sort of a joint idea to start a bit of a blog, mainly at first as somewhere we could put all the pictures we take but also as a little record of the things we are getting up to.

Ill provide the link here to the blog so you can nip over and then see all the pictures, most are at lovely high res so no tiny thumbnails or anything.

Anyhow ill stop rambling but hope you enjoy it!

Blog is here: http://02ed31.blogspot.co.uk/

Thanks guys and i shall have a quick nosey through them! I cannot think of a better thing to own at this age! Got to give the dad credit for bringing me up and drilling his interests into my head!

And i must admit it is great fun but yes i have a niggly feeling this will spiral out of control.... but when was that such a bad thing? ;)

While i'm sure its aggro to do so, but if you can post the blog directly into this forum it will please others;)

The 434 is not a tank in case no one has pointed that out to you yet.

I assume you are the one driving it.

Do you have a recovery plan and the kit to achieve that?

Looks like a nice late model spec unit.

R

What do you mean when you mean directly to this forum? just post bits up to this thread?

And i know its not a tank, just a lot easier than putting REME vehicle or what not... missing some rather prominant features for it to be a true 'tank'

Recovery wise we arn't about on the road in it yet however in the event of a breakdown where we are storing I am able to use the recovery vehicle we use for recovering broken down buses with some heavy duty tow ropes, its not far back into the warehouse where we store her so no problems there :) I also have access to a low loader with heavy duty winch capable of about 25 tons, again we use for the buses so quite handy being involved restoring about 15 routemaster buses haha!

Seb

• 4 months later...

Of all the 430 family the 434 is my favourite. As yet we have yet to get one at work but I live in hope.

Having operated the Stolly with the 350 degree rotation crane and the Bedford with crane (CALM) I do have to say I like working vehicles.

Oh how I lust for the 434

R

Mine might be up for sale when the BV is done!

Of all the 430 family the 434 is my favourite. As yet we have yet to get one at work but I live in hope.

Having operated the Stolly with the 350 degree rotation crane and the Bedford with crane (CALM) I do have to say I like working vehicles.

Oh how I lust for the 434

R

• 3 weeks later...