WWII battle dress tunic and trousers

agmerlin

Hello Everyone,

being a bit new to the business of re-enactment, I was wondering if anyone can recommend the best place to order repro British battle dress tunic and trousers from. Somebody told me that the best place is the USA but can anyone confirm or suggest elsewhere? I would like decent kit but don't want to spend a fortune if I don't have to.

any suggestions would be welcome

Andy

Hello Everyone,

being a bit new to the business of re-enactment, I was wondering if anyone can recommend the best place to order repro British battle dress tunic and trousers from. Somebody told me that the best place is the USA but can anyone confirm or suggest elsewhere? I would like decent kit but don't want to spend a fortune if I don't have to.

any suggestions would be welcome

Andy

I just got my para gear from SOF and can't fault it! Good copies and all fits!

Got my boots, jump trousers, BD blouse , helmet and beret. I ordered the insignia for the blouse and they stitched it on for me without asking!!

Ask for Alan, I got a discount caus I asked and bought it as a package. Threw in my helmet net n few bits n Bob's too!

• 3 weeks later...
I just got my para gear from SOF and can't fault it! Good copies and all fits!

Got my boots, jump trousers, BD blouse , helmet and beret. I ordered the insignia for the blouse and they stitched it on for me without asking!!

Ask for Alan, I got a discount caus I asked and bought it as a package. Threw in my helmet net n few bits n Bob's too!

Thanks for the advice , just got the tunic and trousers. Perfect fit and very helpful people

Thanks for the advice , just got the tunic and trousers. Perfect fit and very helpful people

I got a fair bit of stuff as original para kit is expensive. I asked for a package deal and wasn't a problem for them inc free post they also sewed all my insignia onto my BD for me, saves a job! glad it worked out and you happy, good luck.

You brave enough to post pics of yourself in full kit?

• 2 weeks later...

SoF is a good budget choice, but may need tailoring as they are not cut to wartime patterns. The blouse waist is very low like modern clothes, and if worn in the correct place will ruck up horribly unless you are very tall, or have a big belly to fill it out.

Khaki on Campaign can be very good, but it depends on the wool in stock at the time, the quality is hit and miss.

As said, the current best, by far and away, is from Panther Store. Truly amazing kit.

SoF is a good budget choice, but may need tailoring as they are not cut to wartime patterns. The blouse waist is very low like modern clothes, and if worn in the correct place will ruck up horribly unless you are very tall, or have a big belly to fill it out.

Khaki on Campaign can be very good, but it depends on the wool in stock at the time, the quality is hit and miss.

As said, the current best, by far and away, is from Panther Store. Truly amazing kit.

My BD pads out nicely my friend...what you trying to say?? Sounds like your saying I'm a big bugger with child bearing hips....!!! Lol ;)

Dutch aren't a bad match for Canadian BD but the Greek BD matches nothing used by Commonwealth forces in WW2. It is however, quite close to British 1946 pattern.

Not sure which Greek ones youve seen but the ones Ive had in the past have all been to 37Patt and in various shades ranging from green to brown and have been dead ringers for the Canuk colour,main giveaway being only 1 hook to close the collar. I do from time to time see a Greek blouse with exposed pocket buttons which you may be referring to?

Dutch ones like the Greek ones can vary in colour but the ones I have owned werent as green as the Greek ones.

I do from time to time see a Greek blouse with exposed pocket buttonsing from which you may be referring to?

Dutch ones like the Greek ones can vary in colour but the ones I have owned werent as green as the Greek ones.

Yes, that's the one, never seen a Greek to '37 pat myself and only ever seen Dutch in green. Must have varied.