Panzer I restoration project : looking for parts

the_shadock

That is so fantastic!

I didn't think there were any Panzer I's left out there outside of a few museums in places like Russia.

I'm not sure but Kevin Wheatcroft might have a Panzer I in his collection, and then surely parts like engines, gearboxes etc for it. Maybe you have stuff that the Wheatcroft collection needs, and make a swap?

Goran N

• 4 weeks later...

Hull & turret seem to be in remarkably good condition (for an 80 yr old vehicle) which I'm sure is a giant plus. I'm thinking that this vehicle was an Ausf A (trailing rear idler) variant? Aberdeen proving groud used to have a Pz.I Ausf B years ago. Not sure if it's still in US Gov't possesion or not. Thanks for posting.

Matt

Well done! A VERY rare vehicle indeed! You will have your work cut out for you sourcing spares for this one though! I feel you will have to manufacture a LOT of parts yourself though. To complete this restoration! The VERY best of luck & good fortune. In hunting down those elusive bits you do need! :-)