Intro to all

Hi all greenie owners.

Thought I would say hi. I was introduced to this site by a friend of mine - Mike - "hi Mike."

Like Mike, I own a Ward la France M1A1 and like all other MV owners - sometimes I wish I didn't!!! :cry:

I have started to paint the beast in the correct WW11 colours - I think it's the correct shade anyway.

Anyway - any chance of a Historic Military Vehicles Forum area at The War and Peace show - would be a good intro to the forum for newbies - Just a thought.

Haven't had time to explore site yet but looks good.

Speak to you all soon.

Regards

Mark Hart :-D

Welcome aboard Mark and nice to have another Ward owner on here - do you have any pictures......... :whistle:

Make yourself at home and look forward to hearing more about your Ward!

Cheers

Jack.

Hi, Nice chopper :naughty: :whistle:

Is it yours?

Yeah - I wish. :-D

I was taking my PPL(H) - so I got to fly around in this Bell 206 - Opted for turbine rather than a piston engine - cause I know how opten piston engines stop for no reason. Ha, ha.

Anyways - as soon as I work out how to download pics - I will put the Ward on here. :?

cheers

Markheliops

Ok - dumbfounded - :dunno:

Would any of you geen machine owners be able to state -

"in simple terms"

How to post pics on to the site!!!

Or should this question be in the "I know it's a stupid question" topic. Ha ha

Many thanks

Markheliops :computerterror:

Hi Mark. Vince here (Mikes voice of common sense, except when i am riding around the war and peace site with my head under your truck... :n00b:). There is a thread somewhere about posting pictures on this site. If you type "posting pictures" into the search box, it should find it for you. You basically click on the "additional options" at the bottom of the message box and attatch your files there, although there is a limit to the size and numer of files you can attatch per post.

Have you got got to the bottom of the front axle whine from your truck yet? :-)

Hi Vince - good to hear from you.

Cheers for the info. I will have a look and see if I can post pics of the Ward on here.

Never really found out about the whine as it stopped since you and Mike kindly took the front prop off at W&P last year.

I suspect driving from Dover to Northfleet with the front drive engaged didn't really help matters.

In my defence - for those who will roll over laughing - it is a fact that the connecting rod from the front axle declutching lever to the front axle was missing. Not having driven a vehicle of this age before - I didn't know any different. I thought it was supposed to sound that bad. Doh! :whistle:

I have sorted the head gasket and electrical charging fault now. The Ward drives really well and doesn't sound to bad. I am painting it at the moment and getting ready to apply stencils. Should look pretty good when it's done.

Cheers Vince.

Mark

Right - lets see if this works - thanks to Jack and Paul for pointing me in the right direction.

This is my beast - 1943/44 Ward la France M1A1

width=640 height=426http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u233/Markheliops/DSC_0100_Mark640.jpg[/img]

width=640 height=480http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u233/Markheliops/00000051.jpg[/img]

Purchased from a chap in Holland last year. Released from the French reserves in 1984. Found to be in pretty good condition and according to Mike - who knows about these things - one of the better ones he has driven.

In the process of painting and tinkering - as you do.

width=640 height=480http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u233/Markheliops/DSC_0340.jpg[/img]

Hope this works.

Markheliops

But it looked so much better with all the pretty yellow bits... :whistle:

Seriously, your truck's looking really good. Just needs a coating of Beltring dust/mud to complete it!

Just had another member of the WLFOC visiting for exchange of parts and a chat about engine conversions and winching.

• 3 weeks later...