Ferret mk2/3

lasiu

hi all,

Some time ago I bought a Ferret Mk 2/3, and begin to take to repair. But first he wanted me to learn from what occasion the tower is the inscription : WILLIAM THORBURN .Does anyone have any idea of what the occasion or who it was?

16251446bz.jpg

Regards

Rafal

note - to write I use Google translator:nut:

I already have the documents of the Tank Museum and its registration is 01 CA 79 .The book " Ferret the FV700 series in British Army Service " by Pat Ware is his photograph in Aden / page 73 .But I am curious of what occasion placed the inscription / name to the vehicle because I like looking through photographs of various Ferret is not seen to have any subtitles.

Rafal

While searching for information on my ferret on various Facebook pages (12 Squadron Royal Engineers, and 2 Field Squadron RE) I talked to someone who told me that some ferrets were named after famous battles in WW1. Perhaps you could try searching Facebook for the units that your Ferret served with and post your question there.