Land Rover 101 FC fuel pump rebuild

robin craig

Question

9 answers to this question

If you're a member of the 101 club you can get a pump from the club spares shop. 101clubshop.org They have a good range of spares but they are only for club members, however the low prices make it well worth joining. They have members worldwide so I'm sure they'll ship to you.

Alternatively you could fit a remote pump.

Edited by Ivor Ramsden

We are investigating all options as you have described, we too follow lateral thinking lines, even out here in the colonies.

As the truck is being readied to be a runner for the droves of tyre kickers who will view it, just getting it running is the main issue, cheapness a directive issued by higher to be followed. We will of course follow the "no new holes nothing welded on" policy with whatever solution we opt for.

Thanks

R

We are investigating all options as you have described, we too follow lateral thinking lines, even out here in the colonies.

As the truck is being readied to be a runner for the droves of tyre kickers who will view it, just getting it running is the main issue, cheapness a directive issued by higher to be followed. We will of course follow the "no new holes nothing welded on" policy with whatever solution we opt for.

Thanks

R

I nave been running my 101 for years with a aftermarket electric fuel pump mounted on the chassis.

more reliable than the standard pumps in the tank.

Much cheaper too.

Tony that is an excellent "get home" fix, positively brilliant.

We ended up pulling the in tank pump out and rebuilding the whole contraption using an off the shelf Delphi pump and a matching strainer for it and mounted it back in the tank. The OVLR FAQ provided much info orginally posted by the legend of 101s over here, David Lowe from Toronto. David foiund many fixes and work arounds that are cheap and readily available on this side of the pond.

I am told by luminaries in the mechanical word that early immersed ie in the tank pumps were notorious for their unrelaible nature. Technololgy has come a long way and he feels that what we have fitted will exceed OEM quality and longevity and price.

Thanks to everyone, vehicle running and now sold.

R