What is it Quiz

Richard Farrant

Not got a clue Richard, steering wheel location wrong for me. While we are waiting for knowledgable guesses, what's the story, since it is obviously a brand new photo and you wouldn't want something that interesting lying around rusting.

Has it been discovered, bought, sold, picked up yesterday? You can tell us that without revealing what it is :D

Not got a clue Richard, steering wheel location wrong for me. While we are waiting for knowledgable guesses, what's the story, since it is obviously a brand new photo and you wouldn't want something that interesting lying around rusting.

Has it been discovered, bought, sold, picked up yesterday? You can tell us that without revealing what it is :D

Hi Gordon,

The person who took the photo had known of it for many years, but only just had the chance to snap it. :-)

Ah good, a few have had a stab at it. I will say that I do not know of another one still existing, this one is past its sell by date sadly. As for Enigma's guess, not a Liberty, but someone has taken a liberty and removed the crown wheel leaving the casing behind!

Gordon, I think you are closest so far regarding the age.

Thornycroft ZS, 4x2 the raised fuel tank is an identifying feature, a thread recently showed a pic of a Thornycroft ZS searchlight truck

[ATTACH=CONFIG]82316[/ATTACH]

Well done Nick, you win the coconut ! Thought it might have gone longer, I purposely did not show the photo showing the empty bonnet area and engine in the cab. Will post a few of the other shots later.

I thought the following advert was interesting, Thornycroft quick to cover their backs on the ZS/TC4 when they we demobbed in to civvy street.

Thornycroft advert.jpg