Jeep Solex Carb Flat Spot

N.O.S.

Anyone had problems with a flat spot and discovered the cause? The French Indian Solex carb has an annoying flat spot on acceleration, but we cannot trace the source of the problem.

Does anyone have a good schematic of the carb circuits they could share? All I can find out there is a poor exploded view.

I'm not familiar with the circuits on the Solex but flat spots with a Carter or Zenith can be usually traced to the accelerator pump. The plunger can be either worn or sticking.

I'm assuming here that you are sure it's not an ignition based fault ans this too can cause delay or hesitation on acceleration.

Pete

SOLEX W-O M32 PBIC seems to be the right one for MB/GPW engines.

If it has SOLEX and a model number on the casting it will be a French original. If no name or number it will be the Indian copy which has been readily available for some time.

I think I found another number on the web for Jeep carbs, but I took all the paperwork over to a friend who is having a go at it. Might be the diaphragm in the accelerator 'pump' - looks like flow is going back into bowl instead of into air flow when pump lever is moved. Got a rebuild kit yesterday so although diaphragm looks ok will see what happens with a new one. Apparently the ethanol is having devastating effects on some of these units.