Saracen Special Tools

Mettlen

Hi, I'm trying to take the tracta drive shafts out of the centre bevel boxes in order to remove the gear box and I was wonder if anyone had the special tool ' 'Extractor FV121334', the drawing or could provide me with a dimensioned sketch so I can get one made?

Additionally, has anyone made a tool for removing the torsion bars shown in V613.

Cheers

Hi, I'm trying to take the tracta drive shafts out of the centre bevel boxes in order to remove the gear box

Do you want to take the transfer box out? About 16 years ago on that actual Saracen, I fitted that gearbox along with an engine (engine was missing previously) for a customer, and know it is possible to remove the gearbox only.

Hi Richard, its not the same saracen, I also have a mkI that I'm stripping. All the internals have already been removed apart from the transfer/gearbox. I'm desperate to finish the strip before winter so I can spend the time in the garage refurbishing parts for fitment on the mk2 next spring!

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

Hi Richard, its not the same saracen, I also have a mkI that I'm stripping. All the internals have already been removed apart from the transfer/gearbox. I'm desperate to finish the strip before winter so I can spend the time in the garage refurbishing parts for fitment on the mk2 next spring!

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

Ha ha, that will teach me to assume ! Sorry I cannot help on the puller.

it was a long time ago now that i removed the drive shafts from the center bevel boxes but if i remember right they had a snap ring holding them in place on the inner spline. i asked chatty at the tank museum (bovington) how to remove them and he said just yank the f#####g things out...i think i had a pair of buckrake tines and prised from either side of the shaft at the same time. just when you think you are about to break something they just pop out. some may think im probably talking bo####ks again but it worked easy for me. no need for fancy pullers etc on half the jobs people struggle with.