bedford mw

gps

Question

Hi gps here, i am getting to that stage when i need to start thinking about the cab hood and rear body tarp for my bedford mw:confused: .It has doors and so will need door tops too,i have none of the hoods ,no frame either.Does any one know where i can purchase the canvas or pattern so i can have one made .I have tried allied forces,they tell me no british being made any more :cry:,i have tryed others but american fine no british :nut:.

sump sprang a leak, rusted through .Was a lot of sludge that blocked the rust holes, when i started the engine it dislodged the silt and empted the new oil all over the floor,:( managed to stop befor any damage:-)another job:nut::nut:.

hoped to make some noise this week.Still got a few pics

mums camera 036.jpg

mums camera 037.jpg

mums camera 038.jpg

mums camera 039.jpg

mums camera 035.jpg

Hi all :-D thought it was time i got back on the bedford. was forced to take a bit of time of due too loosing my job,but all good now :-D.

I am in search of a air intake 90deg cast ali bend that is mounted up on the bulkhead with a bracket and the pipework from there to the carburetor.I have noticed that quite a few people have also been looking for the same parts :-(.My air filter is the oil bath type but the oil pan that fits inside is missing as was the top and all the support brackets, i managed to make a top:-D and brackets but need the pan.I have made the hoops for the canvas,rear and cab, with the support brackets looking good :banana:.Wiring is nearly finished just the lights and indicators to go.

I have re furnished a brake unit from a bedford oy tipper:??? with servo and was thinking of fitting it to the mw as the wife will be driving and she is worried about stopping, has any one else done this :???.

hi if your standard brakes are set up and working correctly you will have no problem in stopping your mw with the standard master cylinder set up .if you can get hold of rippo he was showing me just the parts you need when i was with him a couple of weeks ago ,reading the previous posts on here is your truck an ex mwr has it by any chance got the gear box pto still in place if so any chance of a photo ,do have any mwr specific body interior fittings you don't need .

nicky

Hi landrover nick

I am sorry to say i bought it with no radio kit at all,it was a radio wagon and was owned by rippo but he told me he had to much on to do it so sold it with lots of parts and all its kit.it was then started to be restored then sold as a going project with an oy tanker and parts .I then bought it as a nearly finished mw now trying to find the bits it was stripped of, at the time i did not know so much was worn out or missing .But on a positive I am getting to know every nut and bolt.

It would be worth giving Frank Brown an email enquiry at 'pegasus-drive@sky.com' . He does some top quality stuff, and I hear he makes British vehicle tilts with the right material and he has done MW's in the past.

have seen covers made by Frank Brown , absolutely top quality products ! Highly recomended !;)

Hi all have been  preoccupied change jobs twice now managing to get back onto the Bedford 

I have now replaced the suspension pins, bushes and  shackles re built the gearbox twice .one of the gears  had broking teeth that someone has built up with a welder ,bit of a miss fit when meshing ,but is the one gear I did not have , so ground it to a better fit.new bearings  ,selector forks ,shafts etc .Replaced all the tyres sand blasted wheels painted etc. Problems with engine , kept overheating knocked out core plugs cleaned block  waterways ,  still overheated had to have a new core fitted to the radiator .

I did have pics of all these jobs but my phone fell in the pond and lost all of its information 

I am now just finishing the doors repaired the timber frames and I’ve put new skins on them