Hello from Idaho

Hello to all! My name is Brian Crumb and I am new to the forum and military vehicle seen. I have always been intrigued with them and finally rescued one. Hoping to restore and enjoy my 1942 Chevy G7106. I need all the help I can get with info on these and especially mine. Hoping to here from lots of members.

IMG_0364.JPGThanks for the welcome. A little history and info on my (new to me) 1942 Chevrolet G7106. I found the truck in central Washington and ended up with it. After loading it up and finding the tailgate the owner came out with some "paperwork". The paperwork ended up being the original title from US Government Surplus Property dated 1956 with bill of sale from Gov. Surplus Revolving Fund out of Olympia, WA. The truck shows only 00600 miles on it and is as original as I have seen one. The owners son (who drove it last) thinks the miles are correct as it didn't get driven much he said. I will post pictures if I can figure out how. (I tried but doesn't do anything)The truck was used very little on a farm and was last parked in the late 70's early 80's. One of my issues with it is that the data plate does not show a "vin" number nor date of delivery. I am wondering why? The ID number on the title must be the engine number. A "BV" number. Anyone with info on this would be appreciated. It has the spare tire holder still and prospectors rack on the passenger side of the box. I want to restore it, but want to do it correctly. Would love to meet people in the area and see other vehicles. Brian

Edited by 42G7106

Welcome to the HMVF from a G-7107 owner in Lincolnshire, England. :) Some people say Chevrolet G506's were not stamped with frame numbers during the war but I am unsure if that is strictly true or if it is just damaged vehicles that were rebuilt on a new factory chassis ? My truck appears very original but the only number I have found on my chassis does not seem to follow the factories normal numbering code :undecided: Good luck with the truck and keep the pictures coming :)

Welcome to the HMVF from a G-7107 owner in Lincolnshire, England. :) Some people say Chevrolet G506's were not stamped with frame numbers during the war but I am unsure if that is strictly true or if it is just damaged vehicles that were rebuilt on a new factory chassis ? My truck appears very original but the only number I have found on my chassis does not seem to follow the factories normal numbering code :undecided: Good luck with the truck and keep the pictures coming :)

Thanks for the welcome and info. I haven't had much time to crawl on, under, or around the truck to see if I can find any frame numbers. But so far I haven't found any. I would love to see pictures of yours. Do you have any posted? Brian

Thanks for the welcome and info. I haven't had much time to crawl on, under, or around the truck to see if I can find any frame numbers. But so far I haven't found any. I would love to see pictures of yours. Do you have any posted? Brian

Hi Brian, I will sort some out and get my wife the computer expert to send you some if that's ok ? I've been busy today refitting the troop seats to the rear as we are at a 40's event this weekend. The number on the frame of mine is on the frame rail behind the right front wheel (ie. passenger side). Best Wishes, Dave.

Hi Brian, I will sort some out and get my wife the computer expert to send you some if that's ok ? I've been busy today refitting the troop seats to the rear as we are at a 40's event this weekend. The number on the frame of mine is on the frame rail behind the right front wheel (ie. passenger side). Best Wishes, Dave.[/Thanks for the info Dave. I would love to see your truck. As for the frame numbers I haven't looked there yet. Have fun today and get lots of pictures! Brian ]