Daimler Dingo?

Cyclone303

Hello all, I have recently noticed that on my Daimler Dingo bonnet it has about 7 footmans loops welded to it. Does anyone have any idea what they may be for? Chris
Hi Chris,The two loops at the rear edge are for the radiator blanking plate to strap to when in use. The others are to secure a Bren gun tripod.Regards Richard

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the help mate. Just to make clear what is the "Radiator Blanking Plate"? also do you have pictures of the tripod or the plate mounted?

Chris

Hi Chris,The two loops at the rear edge are for the radiator blanking plate to strap to when in use. The others are to secure a Bren gun tripod.Regards Richard

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the help mate. Just to make clear what is the "Radiator Blanking Plate"? also do you have pictures of the tripod or the plate mounted?

Chris

Hi Chris,

No pictures readily to hand, but I seem to remember there is a pic of the blanking plate fitted in one of the drivers handbooks. Very simple to make too.

Regards Richard

Hi Richard,

So is there a picture of it in the workshop manuel? it would be good to try and make one but i have no idea what they look like?

Chris

Hi Chris,

No pictures readily to hand, but I seem to remember there is a pic of the blanking plate fitted in one of the drivers handbooks. Very simple to make too.

Regards Richard