erm....HELP!!

Jack

Well as you will all know - I have as much enginneering knowledge as an office stapler but.......

I need to get some tent poles made - metal ones - but have no idea how you have the ends rolled (male ends) so that they slot into the female ends. Here's a picture of what I mean!

Anyone know of any companies who can do that?

THANKS!!!

Jack :)

KKsideang_f.jpg

Well as you will all know - I have as much enginneering knowledge as an office stapler but.......

I need to get some tent poles made - metal ones - but have no idea how you have the ends rolled (male ends) so that they slot into the female ends. Here's a picture of what I mean!

Anyone know of any companies who can do that?

THANKS!!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]75416[/ATTACH]

Anchor Supplies and then alter?

Jack, it's known as tube swaging. A google search should turn up somebody.

You star Adrian!! Thank you and love you (but not in a Dutch way)!!

I will get on the case and once again, thank you!

Adrian, did you know that 'Rotary Swaging' is a hammer forming process for the reducing cross-sections of solids, tubes and wires. The main application is the production of circular, concentric reductions on one / both ends of the work piece or in the centre section. The process may also be used in producing 'regular' forms e.g. Hexagonal, octagonal and square sections...

Flipping expert now :coffee:

Yeah, known that for years.............:)

BUT did you know that, Swaging units consist of a) a 'spindle', with guiding slots which contain the 'dies', 'hammer blocks' and pressure plates. b) a cage containing 'rollers'. C) the machine retaining 'track'.

The spindle (1) rotates normally 300-500 rpm., this rotation forces outwards the dies (2), hammer blocks (3). As the roller (4) in the hammer block (3) strikes the 'Outer roller' (5) in the cage (6) the dies are 'hammered' together thus providing the forming blow. The opening and closing of the dies allow the component to be fed into the swaging machine with little effort from the operator or automatic feeder.

If you would like to know more about our Rotary Swaging just ring me Adrian - you have my number :)