One for the Post-War Boys!

M5Clive

During the Christmas holidays we were staying with my parents in Marlborough, Wiltshire and I took the opportunity to copy a few of Dad's military vehicle pictures from his time in B Squadron, Royal Wiltshire Yeomanary, stationed at Devizes Camp, Wiltshire. I think John from the Essex and Armour Softskins Group will approve!

These two are amongst my particular favourites.

width=640 height=493http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w205/suzannewitton/DadsPhotos046.jpg[/img]

Coming off the Ranges at Bovington after live firing with the muzzle covers removed from the Alvis Saladin - approx 1965. Thats Dad up-front driving the lead vehicle.

width=415 height=264http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w205/suzannewitton/DadsPhotos034.jpg[/img]

A short break in activities during camp at Layburn in Yorkshire - Approximately a year after the first photograph was taken. Note the turret on the Saladin Armoured car is traversed because they were retreating from the mock enemy, which also makes getting out of the vehicle quite challenging as the driver has to get out through the turret, unless he is particularly agile! (I wish he had kept that Tank Suit :-()

After telling Dad to go online and find his pictures on here, it has enthused him enough to join us band of merry surfers and join HMVF ;-)

Look out for more pictures of military interest - If he can ever work out how to use photobucket!

It took me 3 months and Suzanne's tuition before I finally mastered it but now there's no stopping me :-o :-o :-o

cds

So will you be taking your dad to War & Peace Clive, could ask John to give him a spin around the arena or he could give John some tips on driving - sorry John only joking :whistle:

Mind you have you seen the entry price this year - day visitor on the gate £15 :schocked: but I guess you do get a lot for your money.

So will you be taking your dad to War & Peace Clive, could ask John to give him a spin around the arena or he could give John some tips on driving - sorry John only joking :whistle:

Mind you have you seen the entry price this year - day visitor on the gate £15 :schocked: but I guess you do get a lot for your money.

Offer is there Clive if your Dad is interested no worries in taking him around the Arena

Clive,

you'll be able to find John easy enough, his Saladin will be the one with the rear armour off, again.. ;-) ;-)

Ye who tempt providence will succumb to murphy's law .......remember a little mishap with stopping on the bridge you unbeliever? :tongue:

Ye who tempt providence will succumb to murphy's law .......remember a little mishap with stopping on the bridge you unbeliever? :tongue:

Hmmm I must admit the bridge into America's file isn't the best place to breakdown :whistle:..

• 2 weeks later...

Clive,

here's a few photos to make him feel at home :-D

Cheers

Lee..

Aden..

width=400 height=533http://www.evasonline.com/pages/royal_sussex_site/images/photos/large/mm12.jpg[/img]

width=400 height=300http://www.evasonline.com/pages/royal_sussex_site/images/photos/large/RG16.jpg[/img]

I don't know who did the captions and if they can be corrected. Two of the cavalry regiments of the period were 14/20th Hussars and 17/21st Lancers (titles are neither full not official but common useage).

Hope this helps.

;o)

I don't know who did the captions and if they can be corrected. Two of the cavalry regiments of the period were 14/20th Hussars and 17/21st Lancers (titles are neither full not official but common useage).

Hope this helps.

;o)

They were added by who ever posted them on the 1st Bn The Royal Sussex Regt 3rd Bn The Queen's Regt website :dunno:

Thanks for the pictures and comments one and all. I did manage to get Dad to Beltring last year for the first time ever. I think they enjoyed it sufficiently enough to consider coming back again, so will keep you to the offer of the Saladin trip in the event that Dad comes with us this year.

Cds