flying pig and bedford pig found in forrest of oregon usa

goldfishventures

Joe welcome, some interesting finds there.

I suspect your Humber was one of 5 imported into California in July 1997. I have the registration marks of them but if you can tell me which is yours I'll dig out a basic history. As a Mk 2 there should be no fancy unit markings other than perhaps inch high white lettering on front wing of the driver's side. There may be markings hidden further down the paint layers dating to its life as a Mk 1.

glad to hear from someone..... am aware that the bedford was built in singapore i read somewhere that only two made it back to the uk.... this one was exported from uk to usa 7 or 8 years ago same with the flying pig according to the owner... is the bedford apc rare??? am planning on transporting the pig on monday will photo both and post then to help with id... where do i look for the id plate on these vehicles???? the pig is complete flying mark 2 varient. does this mean it served in northern ireland???if the bedford is very rare i might try to save it even tho it's seperated from the chasis...luckly he kept the original bedford 4wd chasis and it's mostly all there.... he also has a complete feret but hasn't disscused price....any reply is much appricated as i anticipate i will need good uk contacts for the restoration....joe in oregon

is the bedford apc rare???
Yes very. I know of only one in the UK

where do i look for the id plate on these vehicles????
On the Humber on the passenger's side put your head in front of the the front wheel. So wheel on your right & the front wing on yout left. Directly in front of you vertically on the chassis should be a plate 6in x 3in (appx) There should be a 5-digit serial number & below it a 6-character vehicle registration number.

If you take the last for digits of the serial number & insert "BK" between you will see it corresponds to the registration number. Thus serial number 32959 is the chassis for vehicle registration 29BK59.

the pig is complete flying mark 2 varient. does this mean it served in northern ireland?
Yes

HI

The answer to your question about the bedford RL APC is yes it is rare I have only seen one back in 1980 in a scrap yard here in Britian Itried to get it for the museum but the owner would not sell it it had the name werewolf painted on the front

I later was told it went for scrap nice find they had reg numbers in the 38 BJ 90 range as you may know not many were converted

to this role

regards wally

HI

The answer to your question about the bedford RL APC is yes it is rare I have only seen one back in 1980 in a scrap yard here in Britian Itried to get it for the museum but the owner would not sell it it had the name werewolf painted on the front

I later was told it went for scrap nice find they had reg numbers in the 38 BJ 90 range as you may know not many were converted

to this role

regards wally

i get the feeling if i don't buy the bedford it wil be cut to pieces by the locals.... no one around here has a clue as to what it is.... seems a shame it's probably the last of it's kind.... to buy or not to buy that is the question.... joe

• 3 weeks later...