For Sale

Charawacky

Looks like a touring car Chassis? if you read:

http://classiccars.brightwells.com/viewdetails.php?id=1709

"the Tipo 2 was made in both car and commercial forms, the latter with a straight frame instead of the inswept and upswept type of touring models"

Tom

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thanks. That one has been knocking around for a while. It is a mish mash of trucks. After restoring it he attempted to sell it for E40K. He then took the engine out and sold that for a Stutz Bearcat restoration for a good profit. Doesn't leave much chance of selling the truck I would think.

On the previous topic, I didn't realise that the Crossley had gone to New Zealand as well. I wonder if that will be turned into a WW1 vehicle as well? A good chunk of it is post war I understand.

Thanks. That one has been knocking around for a while. It is a mish mash of trucks. After restoring it he attempted to sell it for E40K. He then took the engine out and sold that for a Stutz Bearcat restoration for a good profit. Doesn't leave much chance of selling the truck I would think.

On the previous topic, I didn't realise that the Crossley had gone to New Zealand as well. I wonder if that will be turned into a WW1 vehicle as well? A good chunk of it is post war I understand.

I had the chance to look over the Crossley at the Banfield sale and there are two defining factors which showed it to be generally a post war design, but may well have many wartime parts as these vehicles were built up immediately post war for general haulage.

Steering fixed to engine up to 1918 and to chassis from 1918

Rear springing over the axle up to 1918 and under the axle from 1918

The exact dates are not known but it would be fair to say these changes were made for re-entry into the post war civilian market, additionally the military would not be pleased to see an unnecessary design change during the war.

Below is the 1909 design at about 1912 with the springs over the axle as the wartime vehicles

1912 cat 0231.jpg

Below is the later 1918 design, you will notice I have reversed the drawing to ease comparison and you can see the chassis mounted steering box.

20-25 chassis.jpg

Edited by Charawacky

Moving on from the Banfield Sale I have come across these images:

Auckland, NZ, 15.8.14

[ATTACH=CONFIG]102150[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]102151[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]102152[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]102153[/ATTACH]

Does anyone know what happened to the 1914 Leyland?

Tom

All part of the Sir Peter Jackson collection for film making.These were transported by truck to Wellington. Also a number of shipping containers of parts and bits. Plans have been advertised to have these vehicles as part of an Anzac Day parade in Wellington on 25 April.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

[h=4]Heavy Aviation Truck, Kelly Springfield type S[/h]

78464s.jpg02 November '15

payload 6000 lb, with 4-cylinder gasoline engine, full cushion wheels, timeframe '14-'18, restoration object, running condition.

Online Auction of Army Cars Holland B.V. (Collection Jaap de Groot) in Zwijndrecht (The Netherlands).

Bidding only on the Troostwijk Auctions Website.

Closing dates: Tuesday 19 and Wednesday 20 January from 14.00 hrs.

0031 20 6666500 Troostwijk Auctions Bid Now!

• 4 months later...