Tank transporters

spud 980

Hi everyone my name is Richard and my nickname was spud when I was in the TA.Iwas in 240 tank transporter sqd RCT,my reason for joining this forum is because I used to be the number 1 on 23yz80 and I hope I could give some in formation to the new owner. This is my first foray into the world of forums and computers so please bear with me,many thanks.

Thank you for your welcome,as I am new to this I hope I don't make an ass of myself. As I posted before I was in 240 sqdn RCT reaching the dizzy heights of L/cpl.this was in the early seventies and my vehicle was 23yz80 diamond 980 pulling a dyson trailer.i have a few photos wich I will try to post but it may take some time as computers and me don't get on! Once again thanks for the welcome.spud 980.

HI spud

I had 23 yz 80 in my care for twenty years welcome

REGARDS

WALLY

Hi Wally, thanks for the welcome. Was the wide load board added by yourself? As it did not have it in service. Also was ther a name on the left hand side of the dashboard (Katy)?regards spud.

HI SPUD

The wide load board was on when it arrived at leconfield so it stayed on and was displayed at the museum as such

the name katy does ring a bell but I looked after over one hundred vehicles names scratched in to the paint where left

as part of the vehicles history

REGARDS

WALLY

HI SPUD

The wide load board was on when it arrived at leconfield so it stayed on and was displayed at the museum as such

the name katy does ring a bell but I looked after over one hundred vehicles names scratched in to the paint where left

as part of the vehicles history

REGARDS

WALLY

Thanks Wally,the name was painted on with white paint. Just wondered if it was still there.regards spud.

• 7 months later...
Hi Wally, thanks for the welcome. Was the wide load board added by yourself? As it did not have it in service. Also was ther a name on the left hand side of the dashboard (Katy)?regards spud.

hi there spud.

the diamond t is mow in my possession and has been for the last 12 months

i have just been and had a look at the dash board and there is no sign of the name Katy anywhere to be seen

thank you

cliff goldsmith