Ok i have asked this before....

paul connor

Thixotropic impact glue. I use Dunlop stuff it is cheesey in consistency not runny like normal Evostik. But you must be disciplined & wait for it to set, then press the two coated surfaces against each other. But in the height of summer it can peel of around the edges, a few years ago I was looking in an AS90 & the Trakmark lining was getting unstuck around the edges.

Ok that might be an issue... Ill send my Mother to get some.. Does it have a Poduct name or just Evostick?

Thixotropic might be a bit overwhelming for a retail sales advisor. Ask for thick impact glue, like Evostick but in a tin like a paint pot & you spoon it out. That probably is the best description.

If you lived round here Jack or I could go in with you. I find they no longer ask me for proof of age, except when it's Wednesdays - pensionners discount day. :-(

Clive,

I seem to think the Dunlop trade name is Thixofix, that is what we were supplied with to stick padding and Trackmark. I have seen it in Woolies catalogue, they are a company that supples trimming materials for car restoration, etc.

Richard

Thixofix, yes that's what it says on the link I posted. I bought a 5 litre tin of it at the local tip, together with 2 large tins of black Hammerite smooth all for a fiver. But when I dump stuff I usually find something of interest! But always a bone of contention returning with almost as much stuff as I dumped! But I had to say no to all those Val Doonican LPs & amazing numbers of golf clubs that these dump people salvage for sale.

You little marvel Clive!!!!!!!!!

Its not only me.

Sue moans bitterly whenever I attend our recycling site, as she thinks I am a one man recyling unit, I think it was the howard gem rotavator I returned with.

Our 1st 'date' was a day out round reclaimation yards and the dumps looking for a replacement suite for the bathroom, ee lad watch the brass an paper cares for it's self

Cautiously Hardyferret :whistle:

Its not only me.

So how many sets of golf clubs have you got now? How many Val Doonican & Mantivani LPs can you get back home in one go?

I have nearly perfected this strange RUC green for the pig. I estimated to get sufficient mixed up to match would be about £80. I have been mixing Light Brunswick Green with black & that will only have cost £10. So hunting around can be worthwhile. I always look in the paint bins, sometimes new cans of paint even! I can make quite a respectable DBG & a good Light Admiralty Grey. You're bound to hit on the right colour eventually given that there are only 3 primary colours.

• 2 years later...

I use black mastic, in a cartridge tube, applied with a sealant gun like window fitters use, it's also available from B&Q or your local friendly windscreen fitter may be able to supply it, just squeeze on and hold pads in place with sheet ply of similar dimensions, and wooden props wedged in for roof mounted pads, or black nasty/silver duct tape, for hatches etc, till the stuff dries...... worked ok in my saracen