CVRT Spartan..

Sidewinder

Hello,

Took the morning off work today to collect the Spartan I won in Witham's last tender.

Only had time for a quick crawl over today so will be heading down on Sat for a proper play. It'll need a new engine as the engine bay is currently looking very empty along with a new drivers seat cushion as the current one has a 5ft sapling growing out of it, but overall nothing too daunting on first inspection. Had a massive grin all afternoon.. I'd forgotten how much I miss these lumps of green metal! :D:nut:

IMAG0311.jpg

IMAG0314.jpg

James

According to the lads in the yard, all the other Spartans & Sultans went to a scrap dealer. Can't decide where that's a real shame or if I'm just the only person stupid enough to outbid the scrappy!

Chris,

Yeah, its got four Armstrong dampers fitted, though it looks like one is weeping oil.

James

The Spartan is the best CVRT variant for giving your mates a ride... not a lot of space in a turreted vehicle for passengers, and only one hatch in the cupola on the Sultan etc.

IMG_0741.jpg

These would look good in the back of yours..

IMG_2549.JPG

Chris

Well done... great project.

For those who have not seen it.... here is my video overview of the CVRTs at the last Witham Tender... includes shots of the various shrubs !!

Something went wrong...

As the vehicle has been outside for a number of years, do you think you will have a problem with steel bolts in alumilium.

From experience the steel makes the alumilium expand and the two weld themselves together.

Had this in the sump of a Ford engine, the Olil drain plug was steel and the sump was alumilim and the two welded themselves together.

James

I have no doubt you will soon be a fully paid up member of the drillers and tappers club to which all cvrt owners belong...get the best quality drill bits and taps you can afford, and some big buckets of imp nuts & bolts - our motto Hail to the Helicoil :D

Tim

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like quite a project, good luck with it.

When I looked at these on Withams site, I think I am right in thinking there isn't a cupola on them.

No connection to the seller but Milweb threw this out today:

http://www.milweb.net/classifieds/large_image.php?ad=67002&cat=8

Might be of interest

Cheers

Mike