Hello from Hampshire .......hunting for a Haf

Trebro

Hi I'm new to this forum thingy so forgive me if i dont follow the right protocol

Im a landrover (mainly series) enthus, got the bug in my teens, still craving the addiction in my forties (at the expense of my right elbow, wallet, hearing and most other senses)

My daily drive is a 130 def

have a few series in various states from basket cases (couldnt say no) to useable daily drives

I only recently stumbled on Haflinger, have never seen one in the flesh but really fancy one.

I would be grateful for any info you can give me about buying (particularly what to watch for) and running. Ideally I'm looking for a running project but am open to advice on the complexity of a renovating to a useable standard, as with my series Landies I prefer going for the "patina of wear" approach when possible!

Id would be very interested to find out about any owners clubs,now often and where you guys meet, etc etc, I'm a great believer in buying from an enthusiast

I welcome your advice/comments

The Haflingers are really capable vehicles:-)

..I came across quite a few of them during my days with the All Wheel Drive Club back in the 1980s and early 90s..it may be an idea to seek out a few AWDC fellas and start asking questions?...

..Many vehicles of all descriptions that got 'trialled' back in those days often ended their days parked up derelict in someones farmyard or shed.....you never know??......

..there could easily be a few still about......

if you ask enough people someone might say something like

" Yeah ! Dave from so and so had one of them ! I think he's still got it!"

Try going on their website and posting a message on their forums maybe ?????

The Haflingers are really capable vehicles:-)

..I came across quite a few of them during my days with the All Wheel Drive Club back in the 1980s and early 90s..it may be an idea to seek out a few AWDC fellas and start asking questions?...

..Many vehicles of all descriptions that got 'trialled' back in those days often ended their days parked up derelict in someones farmyard or shed.....you never know??......

..there could easily be a few still about......

if you ask enough people someone might say something like

" Yeah ! Dave from so and so had one of them ! I think he's still got it!"

Try going on their website and posting a message on their forums maybe ?????

Thanks for the tips and the welcoming guys, much appreciated

One would have been mine then
:D

South West/South Wales region I was mate..often to be found in the Hereford area and occasionally ventured further up into the Midlands now and then also Bristol / Stroud sort of area but mainly Gloucestershire and South Wales.....where were you in those days?? .. I guess we probably know shared names and faces ?

:D

South West/South Wales region I was mate..often to be found in the Hereford area and occasionally ventured further up into the Midlands now and then also Bristol / Stroud sort of area but mainly Gloucestershire and South Wales.....where were you in those days?? .. I guess we probably know shared names and faces ?

I never ventured that far when trialling the Haflinger, in late 70's early 80's mostly events on military sites in SE, surrey/ hampshire area, then went on to race a Range rover based racer, travelled all other with it, did quite well in that too

Edited by Nick Johns