Not for purpose land rover catapult

b2414

Not for purpose land rover catapult

I don’t know if this will led to much I have just found this on the NI Forum land rover catapult and it got me thinking of the different types of kit that we used to try out and if it is still out there. I remember a loading shovel which the shovel was replaced with a steel plat and a roller on top for crowd control and me and some of the lads had to try it out is there any more kit out there that was built for one thing and used for something different. Bill :nut::nut::nut:

landrover_catapultn.jpg

Edited by b2414

Federal Riot Gun (FRG) was reputedly an excellent tool for the disposal of dead green army-issue torch batteries (C type? Whatever, they hold next to no charge and died just when you needed them.)

I was told the following in the late 90s, nearly a quarter of a century after my time in Omagh, by someone in our consultancy team who grew up there.

He made allusions to streets littered with green army batteries after riots. It seems that after loading a baton round (rubber bullet) into an FRG, dropping a dead battery down the barrel in front of it doubled the payload and the battery was a lot harder than the baton round, So I am told ...

But they never rioted in my presence, so this is pure hearsay on my part.

Federal Riot Gun (FRG) was reputedly an excellent tool for the disposal of dead green army-issue torch batteries (C type? Whatever, they hold next to no charge and died just when you needed them.)

I was told the following in the late 90s, nearly a quarter of a century after my time in Omagh, by someone in our consultancy team who grew up there.

He made allusions to streets littered with green army batteries after riots. It seems that after loading a baton round (rubber bullet) into an FRG, dropping a dead battery down the barrel in front of it doubled the payload and the battery was a lot harder than the baton round, So I am told ...

But they never rioted in my presence, so this is pure hearsay on my part.

Hi I use to have the federal riot gun we trained with it andit who’d go through the targets on the rang and leave a hole the size of yourhand in the target the rubber bullet who’d spin end over end when it leaves the gun.But the rioters soon learned the distance you cud fire it. As to the batteries I have been told you cud also remove the rubber bullet from its caseand put 1 or 2 old penne’s in and then put the bullet back in so I have been told. BILL:nut: