Replacing odd sized British military hydraulic hoses. Found a solution!

Abboteer

I discovered a way to reuse a couple of odd sized BSPP hydraulic fittings, and this may be useful to others, here.

A local hydraulic shop near Seattle, Washington USA was able to remake a couple of hydraulic lines for me, even though they didn't have, or could provide the correct end pieces. Turns out that the fittings are known as 'crimp ring' style, and by carefully cutting off the crimp ring, they can refit a new hose and just crimp a fresh ring onto it, and it's good as new! Cost me $75 total for both hoses. Nobody over here can even identify the end connectors, let alone sell them.

Jim

Edited by Abboteer

Morning....

We have some BSPP here, but both sizes I needed for the steering box on the Abbot were not listed in our BSPP charts, although they are clearly BSPP. They were inbetween sizes, for some odd reason. Rumor has it that it is a MOD oddity. Anyway, I now have a workable, inexpensive solution. The shop is happy to do the work if anybody needs it.

Jim