What have you found in the bowels of your MV?

BRDM Driver

My wife used to work at Rowntree's / Nestle here in York.

When she went to the staff shop she often came back with things like Kit Kat packed in a different wrapper and Arabic printed.

Just the run of the mill surplus from a regular order that got sold probably at a discount to anyone who was not bothered about the wrapper. i.e. The MOD

The White oxidising comes from being in long term storage, like an Easter Egg over a year old. Nowt wrong with that though.

As an aside to this with Rat packs I was eating Aztec bars 5 years after they stopped being sold in the shops.

I used to work at Sony in Slough, opposite the MAR'S factory. We had a close relationship re swapping merchandise. Every Wednesday there was a particular smell of hot sugar. I was told by one of the Mars staff that Wednesday was MOD day. The mix had more sugar that the standard bar.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

under the turret basket of the Cromwell I found a live round, 7.62mm ex finish army with wooden bullet, I assume it was a blank to be fired with a shredder fitted to the muzzle. that or they ran out of copper and hoped no one would notice the wooden bullets :-D

Many years ago a friend recovered the remains of a demag 1 ton half track from NE victoria . We found a few 9mm rounds in the hull .The vehicle had been disabled by a mine blast , the shrapnel holes evident on the front section. It had been shipped out here for evaluation during the war, captured in Nth Africa

Edited by goanna