Huntingdon And District MVT '2012 September Road-Run'

Vulture

Our Area is planning a road-run on Sunday 16th Sep 2012 from near Kings Ripton to the Ramsey Militia Camp in Cambridgeshire. If anyone wants to come along, drop me a PM. Fingers crossed for good weather !

Edited by Vulture
Incorrect date

Our Area is planning a road-run on Saturday 28th April 2012 from near Kings Ripton to the Ramsey Militia Camp in Cambridgeshire. If anyone wants to come along, drop me a PM. Fingers crossed for good weather !

Is the date correct Ian? !!

Apologies for the confusion over the date, I have corrected the original pos :embarrassed:t. No idea what was going on there, a massive scew up on the cutting and posting front I think ! :nut::nut::nut::nut::nut:

The date for the run is Sun 16th Sep 2012.

Kind regards to all

• 3 weeks later...

Thought I’d confirm that the Area road-run is still going ahead on Sun 16th Sep. Starting near Kings-Ripton the plan is to visit RAF Glatton where the mighty 457th Bombardment Group (H) of the U.S. Army Eight Air Force operated in 1944-45. Virtually no buildings are left from what was a huge airfield complex, however one runway is still in use as Peterborough airport. I have negotiated with the airfield management access (albeit limited) onto the site for a photo op. As part of this visit we intend to stop and pay our respects at the local memorial to the 86 B-17s and 739 airmen who were KIA, MIA or POWs. The run will end as planned at the Ramsey Militia Camp were the site custodians have kindly agreed to open the NAAFI to provide warming cups of tea and coffee.