Chevy 11/2 ton truck

mvdepot

It was indeed Kiln dried builders sand !,here are a few more shots of her with the standerd red oxide on i managed to get it painted straight away before the rust could start to form : ),truck is now in the workshop hoping to get some trestles made so i can get it chopped in half very soon ready for its new chassi sections !.

sbchevf5.jpg

sbchevf7.jpg

sbchevf6.jpg

I'm surprised any blaster still uses builders sand, because you can get silicosis from using it as a blasting medium. Keep well clear while he's doing it if I were you. Apologies if I'm telling you something you already know.

Truck looks great though, those Chevs are lovely. All the best, Richard

Well i kept well away from it all when blasting was in progress!!,got her in the shed now ready to cutt the frame where she has been shortend so we can get a new piece of chassi back in asap !,Anybody in the UK have wheel cylinders and a master cylinder ?? i also need a Hydrovac and mounting bracket !!,cheers

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Yep she is loooking good !,the paint is made by a local company i could get the ral number if anyone wants it ?,its Xylene based and drys in about 10mins so it works well for our type of work !,yep i have the correct cargo bed for it got no troop seats or top bows think i will just make them : ),will get some more pics on when her new shoes arrive .

Yep she is loooking good !,the paint is made by a local company i could get the ral number if anyone wants it ?,its Xylene based and drys in about 10mins so it works well for our type of work !,yep i have the correct cargo bed for it got no troop seats or top bows think i will just make them : ),will get some more pics on when her new shoes arrive .

Yeah I would be interested to know what the RAL number is if you could.

Cheers, Richard

Hi RMS

That would be a great help !! as i am up in the North East of England not many chevs around for me to copy !,can you email them to me ?, if you can send them here

mvdepot@aol.com

Thanks for your help : )

cheers

Adam

No problem I will send when I get 5 min on the computer. Will use my drop box as its much quicker.

• 2 months later...