B60 carb

Catch 22 LBDR

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/170891180011?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_500wt_1414

This one on ebay looks like a B80 carb not a B60, am I right?

I would guess B80 uses same type as B81 - Solex 40 NNIP. Mine looks like this...

P230910_16.240002.jpg

I think they are also used on the B60, so I reckon that is for a J60, as the whole carb is a different shape.

Could someone forgive my ignorance and please offer a brief description on the diffeence between a B60 and B80 carb?

Thank You

Bob

The B60 carb has a smaller throat and the accelerator diaphragms are behind a cover. The manifold connection is incorrect as well for a B60 on a Ferret.

Edited by ferrettkitt

Does anyone have an old Ferret B60 solex carb knocking about, does not have to be complete, I just need the main body. one of the main jets snapped off mine when I tried to clean it :cry:

Some times the jet tower that is meant to be pressed in comes loose, I would settle for this part either.

.... one of the main jets snapped off mine when I tried to clean it :cry:

Apologies if it's a silly question, but is trying to get the broken jet out an option?

I'm not familiar with these carbs so don't know how difficult it would be, or even if it's possible!

I meant just draw a squiggle or an arrow on a photo of the carb itself. I have several not so wonderful carbs here. If it is a small item I can just shove it in an envelope in a post box. But wrapping a larger item & making a special trip to a PO requires much more effort :D

Quote from an online source :

Correct size screw drivers and spanners only ,try leaving the carb to soak in paraffin for a week .I quite often warm the carb up by pouring hot water over it ,this is not always the answer but it does work for me .

D&J

Apologies if it's a silly question, but is trying to get the broken jet out an option?

I'm not familiar with these carbs so don't know how difficult it would be, or even if it's possible!

img154.jpgForgive my crude drawing. The tower/shaft comes up inside the centre of each of the large holes. It has a brass screw/jet in the top holding in a brass tube inside. the tower should be pressed in and is not meant to come out, but I got both of mine out easy enough. There is no part number for this item. I will try and scan the drawing from the parts catalogue and point it out better on Friday night. Thanks

• 3 weeks later...