Olympics of Military Vehicles

robin craig

So,

watching the telly last night, I was wondering what events we would have if we as MV owners were to have an "Olympics" of our own?

My suggestions:-

1 Syncronised paint needle gun pairs

2 Mens short track on CVRTs

3 Individual track washing, location Beltring?

Just thought I would get into the spirit of London 2012;)

R

Syncronised knuckle skinning

Team and individual oil leak finding

Throwing the hammer.......spanner.......screwdriver, or whatever else comes to hand when something won't undo.

100mtrs bump start.

Just a thought :)

Sycronised sledge hammer beating. With extra points awarded for vocabulary.

For the strength events,9 x16 tyre bead breacking. Swing on the tyre lever. For endurance, Holding the gear box in position whilst trying to get the hidden nut on. For gymnastics getting under a Dodge dashboard to rewire.

I think we're missing track-pad throwing as an event.

The 100Mtrs Bump start needs weight categories as well. The question is should we weigh in tonnes or tons :)

This may whet your appetite for a tug-of-war type event -

Something went wrong...

Note that the use of ground anchors is considered cheating....

Edited by Lauren Child

Great thread! :-D

The Solo Timed Non Cartridge Grease Gun Hand Filling sprint, points gained for each pump without airlock..

The Solo Scammell Explorer Propshaft Greasing sprint, points gained for each nipple greased without re-positioning vehicle..

The Solo Timed Scammell Explorer total grease up, points lost for every one missed, out of a possible 125, points gained for agility and style.

For those with amphibious vehicles - 400m freestyle (might need a pool a bit bigger than olympic regs...)

Is that 400m , vertically?:D Reverse diving, from the sunk vehicle up and out as fast as you can. A Miltary version of eventing, with tracked vehicles. The cross country should be a doodle. The dressage , fairly easy with neuteral turns etc, the showjumping phase could be fun though.

I've just had veeery scary thoughts about TTM and Grasshopper going in for weight lifting.

Shock News!

Tony B has just been disqualified following his surprise win in this morning's DODGE the Bullets final, after an investigation revealed he was using a banned substance.

He was later quoted as saying he had no absolutely no idea that the lead substitute product he was using also contained an octane booster which is deemed by the Olympic MV Committee to be a performance enhancer.

A spokesperson for the DODGE team said an Appeal would immediately be lodged on Tony B's behalf with Mr. Chuck Buckett, Head of the OMVC's Adjudicators Team.

Edited by N.O.S.

Shock News!

Tony B has just been disqualified following his surprise win in this morning's DODGE the Bullets final, after an investigation revealed he was using a banned substance.

He was later quoted as saying he had no absolutely no idea that the lead substitute product he was using also contained an octane booster which is deemed by the Olympic MV Committee to be a performance enhancer.

A spokesperson for the DODGE team said an Appeal would immediately be lodged on Tony B's behalf with Mr. Chuck Buckett, Head of the OMVC's Adjudicators Team.

No surprise there then but I bet they haven't tested that 'tobacco' he stuffs that pipe with.

Lies lies and Damm lies , as a certain country has said 'None of our athletes have been caught!' :cool2: I want to know why Degsy was seen sneacking round my pit with that can of sheep dip! I'm sure the morning tea tasted odd! :angry I HAD intended to enter the Winter events, the ski jump. Start at the top of any slight slope on a frosty morning, acelearte to thirty on NDC tyres and hit the brakes!

Edited by Tony B

Lies lies and Damm lies , as a certain country has said 'None of our athletes have been caught!' :cool2: I want to know why Degsy was seen sneacking round my pit with that can of sheep dip! I'm sure the morning tea tasted odd! :angry I HAD intended to enter the Winter events, the ski jump. Start at the top of any slight slope on a frosty morning, acelearte to thirty on NDC tyres and hit the brakes!

The only sheep dip I've seen in years is the sort that comes in a beer bottle:D

I'm glad you have all taken well to this thread and kept it within the bounds of MV related events, knowing as I do now that HMVF is a "sports free" forum so i'm reliably informed by management.

I was thinking of the Centurion tack link hurl.

I like the tyre changing moving up in vehicle sizes as we go.

R

How about synchronized vehicle starting? Could use crank handles and 6V ignition systems to make it more interesting...

Absolutely. Also Power Starting where 6V batteries are used

And the associated 6V RELAY START. A team of 4 x 6V batteries is used, the idea being to turn a reluctant engine over as many times as possible within 5 minutes - any team found being changed over before voltage goes below 2V will be short-circuited.....of course it would not be fair to expect competitors to compete in more than one event a day- (they need time to recharge overnight between performances) smiley-drumroll.gif

Another winching one - Beach Trolley Haul?