Ahoy from Bodgit0_0

Well, here we go again on a new forum.

I'm Lee and have a problem I hope you all can help me with!

I suffer from 'COVC'. That stands for Crazy Oddball Vehicle Collector.

Before I let you know what I have and the particular reason for joining here , I will throw just a few lines about myself.

I'm a spanner mad engine junkie who has my family home in the West Midlands in the riverside town of Stourport-On-Severn, however I reside for work during the week on the edge of Salisbury plain in Tidworth. I have been turning spanners for the last 20 years and am due to start another chapter of my life working from home in the next 18 months ish.

I dont believe in being a euro box driver, savouring that fact that different is good. My daily set of wheels is a Metro 'S' for just popping about, or the transit for towing/carrying my kit about.

During the summer months I enjoy visiting as many old vehicle/steam/military shows as work allows, this combined with a new start in 18 months is the reason I am here now.

My current collection of vehicles that are awaiting my return from an extended period abroad, but not at my choice is below:

1952 Land rover Bitsa

1982 Metro 'S' (T+T)

1982 Metro HLE

1987 Montego MG Estate (Prototype)

1989 Montego MG Turbo

1989 Montego TD Estate

1989 Montego MG

1993 Ford Transit County 4x4 (Test only)

1995 Land rover Disco 300tdi (Test only)

1998 BMW 525 TDS (T+T)

2005 Renault Kangoo 4x4 (T+T)

Two cars that are due to arrive in October are:

1989 Maestro MG Turbo

1985 Metro MG Turbo

There are also 4 motorbikes scattered around the drive but only 2 currently in use.

Most of my motors are ongoing projects which I aim to put some major time into once Im back home late October ish.

Now the request, being of the nutty kind I have a master plan to purchase and run an RB44 as my next tow vehicle. Most people think I'm mad for even considering such an idea but seeing how keen and committed I am on being different and trying to restore/maintain my triple M collection, then why not!!

I have already aquired all the relevant AESP's before work gets them deleted due to the vehicle being out of service. I will have the free cash sat burning a hole in my pocket in October. All i will need is some top tips on where to get one and how much I should be looking to pay.

I'm not afraid of buying something that needs work, even an unregistered one would be fine. I'm still undecided on what model I want, rag top, box body or even a chassis cab.

Withams have been selling a few and I even put a bid in on the last tender buy only as my mate took a look around them and gave me a few hints on which to avoid.

A small bonus is I have found a seller who has a warehouse full of them? and he's local to home which would be a great benifit. Fingers crossed he will want a sensible price for one.

Thats it for now, I will look forward to getting to know the site and helping where I can. You will always know which tow motor is mine if I get one as I will put my username on the side.

Cheers .

Lee

I'm even more impressed, that there's still Maestros & Montegos still running, they were heaps of **** in the 80s, when myself & my colleagues had the bloody things as company cars! Rattling dashboards & that bloody woman's voice on the Turbos!

Good to see nutters preserving our history.