Warning!! Austin champ parts on Ebay

cossy1

I recently bought an Austin champ form a person in Standish, Wigan to be fair to the seller I did take sometime in my decision to buy the champ. I then decided to buy the champ and we agreed a price for the champ and all of the spares that he had collected over the years. I then paid the agreed price to the seller. The collection of the spares and champ took a total of 3 trips. When we agreed the price for the deal I did not get to see all of the parts due to them brining in different locations. (My first mistake). The reason we had to do a 3rd trip was because parts that were critical for us to assembly the vehicle were not in the box that we had all ready collected so this trip was frosty to say the least, Only due to the fact that items had been promised and not delivered. My second mistake was to take some one at face value.On my last visit I was told by the seller that we now had all of the spares. This week a rear diff and radiator has gone on EBay from this person. I am very disappointed that at the riper old age of 49 that this person has had my pants down and as a member of the champ club would urge champ owners to steer clear of this person.

Regards

Edited by cossy1

Hi

user names is 2-fast-2-see.

Regards.

Seems very appropriate, its always very easy to be wise after the event. There has to be a modicum of trust, unfortunately that leaves us wide open to abuse. The moral must be ..... dont part with your monies untill you have the goods and you are satisfied, then its a done deal.

From what I can see its not an ebay issue...I don't think he sold the Champ on ebay?

Correct private sale with an agreement being reached over a spares package to be included in the sale of the vehicle. Said spares package was to have included everything, that was the impression that Tony reached with the seller of the vehicle. Extra spares then appeared on ebay that the buyer (Tony) thought was included in the sale.

If it seems that I am edging my comments its because I know the seller and I know Tony as well and we had a conversation about this subject at the weekend just gone.

In regards to the seller and the ' military hobby ' as far as I am aware he is leaving the hobby and concentrating on Motorbikes.

Does seem a bit iffy.

Buyer beware.

However, you would think that someone within our hobby would be honest.

In regards to the sharks in the hobby I'm sure that we can name a few individuals or organisations that could be described in that fashion. Remember that the military hobby is normally a friendly place the exceptions are rare but we tend to hear more about them than the good guys!