Normandy finds

Just walked through the door from 12 days over in Normandy,managed to get around most of the militaria fairs but as usual a distinct lack of British gear for sale, but I did pick up a few bargains.best find was a Yank M4 Quadrant which I have missing from my M2 105mm Howitzer,these fetch up to $1,500 in the States but mine was considerably less.Also took some pics whilst over in Sainte-Mere-Eglise.

Some pics for your viewing

Rob.........................rnixartillery.

We were there on the Friday and Saturday so managed to get to the militaria fairs at St-Mary-Du-Mont, St-Mere-Eglise and Vierville on the Sunday,I was quite surprised how quiet it was compared with other years.

A few more snaps

Rob..................rnixartillery.

Rob

Surely has too many oily moving bits for you..! :D

Cheers

Tim

Thank God you have bought me back to my senses Tim ! although I have been up and down that road in a couple of my old jeeps,certainly is the best way to view the beaches and back lanes .

Rob..............rnixartillery.

Rob,

I was there too on all the jumbles, but only found a cleaning rod for the Pack, and missed a Panoramic sight for it, by just minutes!! and that was in the little militaria shop in Arromanches, an American bought it from under my nose, to give to his father as a present, he wouldn't part with it! and he paid only 45 euro's, easily 500 nowadays, if you need it!

Mind you, this was on the saturday after the 6th! so nobody noticed it in the shop at all, really strange. (well, Tim wasn't there)

Anyway, had good fun otherwise, the Cushman was just ready, and did quite well on the beach!

WP_000375.jpg

Now it's an easy step to do this:

35e_RAP.jpg

French Troops 35RAP (postwar)

Am working on the 2nd pack again, it's getting there, and might be for sale at Beltring.

Cheers,

Lex

Edited by welbike

I saw that panoramic sight in the glass cabinet Lex a few days before,I left it because I didn't have a use for it and ended up buying a few ammo boxes instead ! It just show's that there is still bits of interest out there.

I would love a 75mm pack Howitzer but unfortunately out of my price range .:cry:.................................for now.

The cushman look well,oddly enough I was at a friends a couple of weeks ago and he had 4 Cushmans in one of his sheds.

Rob......................rnixartillery.

Well, what's gone is gone! I saw that M4 Quadrant piece at the Vierville jumble, and tried to buy it, but the owner was never there!

Start saving, or take a mortgage on the house!! and you'll be able to buy a Pack someday, they are very scarse items >:(

WP_000504.jpg

Cheers,

Lex

That right Lex ,we had a real job trying to find the owner of the M4 Quadrant,he was one of the fair organisers and had wondered off.

Yes ,the pack is quite a rare gun,I know where there is a mint barrel,ring and Block over here in the UK for one.I almost bought one last year from a colleague in the states but something else came along and I have a good quota of rare Artillery !

Will you be in the same spot at W&P ?

Rob..................rnixartillery.