correct oil for ferret

"ideal for later vehicles built from the early 1930s to the early 1960s with superior oil filtration systems"

I suppose in its day the ferret nappy filter was superior, just not sure to what :cheesy:. Been using Millers oils since they were first recommended on here years ago

difference between this one and sae30 for even older vehicles is pistoneeze has detergents in it

yes I did read that - thanks for the update. Its like anything in product marketing, you refine your product and relaunch it in an improved version under new branding (at a higher price!).

Was the day they recommended golden film 30 cos that's all they had, now as you say they have two 30s: detergent and non detergent. So the one with a bit of Fairy Liquid thrown in it shall be from now onwards (but after i finish the last of my golden film supplies of which I still have an unopened 25 L drum!)

its trying to find the stuff for decent price thats the hard bit!

Yes, I've been using Morris Golden film, but it's really gone up.

Griff, do you buy Millers straight from the manufacturer?

Matt

have gone for comma classic 30 sae in the end 15 litres 58 quid( CAUSE MY LOCAL FACTORS HAD IT IN STOCK!) will leave it in for 500 miles/ end of season next year. and have got new oil filter for it

Edited by griff66

well did oil and change on ferret today went well getting old filter off bit messy as at first it did now want to leave top housing however new filter went in ok turns out my housing is o ring type as against flat gasket type but fingers crossed and after a ten mile drive no leaks ,tips rags under filter body, if o ring type bit of Vaseline on on o ring helps it stay in place, take off rear deck ,when doing up top bolt keep filter bowl centralised on o ring , fill up filter body with oil ,when ferret fired up oil light went off very quick!