Solex carb

gazzaw

Hi

looking for a replacement solex carb (Type M. 32 PBIC) for my jeep or a service/repair kit and any info on whereabouts for a manual about repairing same etc.

although 43 GPW it had this in it instead of a carter and cannot afford a carter at moment

thanks

Gary

In my EMER files the carburetter in use in 1946 as a replacement for the Carter carb. was the Solex type 32 AIC part no. 32A.I.C./S 1370---LV7/MT.12/SX/32.AIC/S. 1370. I have used these carbs in all my jeeps and have bought some from hochkis jeep owners who want to fit the carter carb, Because I have never fathomed out how to post pictures on here I would email the relative page giving all the details you want if you contact me, failing that I loaned Clive Elliot the EMERS and perhaps he would post up the relevant page from his copy. John.

Edited by Blackpowder44
more info

Because I have never fathomed out how to post pictures on here I would email the relative page giving all the details you want if you contact me, failing that I loaned Clive Elliot the EMERS and perhaps he would post up the relevant page from his copy. John.

Here you are John. I didn't like to post it up myself without your say-so as it originates from your archives.

For those who take an interest in EMERs it is interesting to note that the V section of EMER WHEELED VEHICLES is not exclusively wheeled armour!

App3073.jpg

Here you are John. I didn't like to post it up myself without your say-so as it originates from your archives.

For those who take an interest in EMERs it is interesting to note that the V section of EMER WHEELED VEHICLES is not exclusively wheeled armour!

App3073.jpg

Clive, if anything comes up that you think can be answered by using info from my emers please go ahead and publish them, as you know there is a wealth of info. on jeeps in them, John.

Thanks Guys , have located a repair kit but just need to check my carb model before buying etc. Yes they seem more reliable although yesterday in 27 degree heat had a problem with fuel starvation/vapourisation- plenty fuel into carb but through carb was negligible - either that or it was dirt or something - never had a problem before but it was laid up for a while before being run after a long few month break.

Gary

Now some photos of carb but no sign of any numbers or model info etc. not got a clue as to type does anyone on here recognise it as I cannot order a repair kit etc until I know model....heeelpp

Gary

30052012878.jpg

27052012874.jpg

27052012875.jpg

27052012876.jpg

30052012877.jpg

30052012879.jpg

30052012880.jpg

30052012881.jpg

30052012882.jpg

30052012883.jpg

30052012884.jpg

30052012885.jpg

• 1 month later...

I'm not an expert but that looks like the one I got off E-Bay, turns out it was an Indian Made Solex Copy. I understand they where made under licence. I got it on there, waiting till I get the Carter that it came with refurbished. To be honest it works perfectly. Blip of the throttle before you start and it goes every time. Engine not run for 3 months till yesterday and it went on the second crank. No markings either that I could find.

I have got that carb on my Jeep but its running to rich, there doesn't seem to be any way to adjust that, only idle. Anyone got any suggestions or would a rebuild kit sort it? I asked the carb exchange in Leighton Buzzard but they are away for 2 weeks and it is £95=vat for them to do it.

I believe its a Solex M 32 PBIC but stand to be corrected if wrong!

Edited by snort