CCKW - What's The Diameter Of The Fuel Pipe To The Carb ?

Vulture

Guys,

I'm away from home with work, and want to pick up some new hose, and need some help with some info please. As some of you may recall from pictures I've posted from time to time (like the one below),

2185644730099353463S600x600Q85.jpg

the brass fuel pipe that goes from the fuel pump to the carb, has had a section taken out and a plastic in-line fuel filter fitted, right above the manifolds. The rubber is looking tired, and given the potential fire hazard I've decided not to run the truck again until I've replaced it.

I'm considering various options:

1. Replace the hose and fliter with new hose(dispensing with having a filter).

2. Replace hose and get a glass fliter (fitted in same location).

3. Replace hose and get a good quality plastic filter.(fitted in same location).

4. Do either 2 or 3, but use longer pipework, and move the filter to a different (safer) location (although not sure exactly where yet).

Anyway, the exam question is, what is the diameter of the pipe in mm please ?

Kind regards,

Vulture

Edited by Vulture
To improve the format, and add picture.

Guys,

I'm away from home with work, and want to pick up some new hose, and need some help with some info please. As some of you may recall from pictures I've posted from time to time (like the one below),

2185644730099353463S600x600Q85.jpg

the brass fuel pipe that goes from the fuel pump to the carb, has had a section taken out and a plastic in-line fuel filter fitted, right above the manifolds. The rubber is looking tired, and given the potential fire hazard I've decided not to run the truck again until I've replaced it.

I'm considering various options:

1. Replace the hose and fliter with new hose(dispensing with having a filter).

2. Replace hose and get a glass fliter (fitted in same location).

3. Replace hose and get a good quality plastic filter.(fitted in same location).

4. Do either 2 or 3, but use longer pipework, and move the filter to a different (safer) location (although not sure exactly where yet).

Anyway, the exam question is, what is the diameter of the pipe in mm please ?

Kind regards,

Vulture

The size of fuel hose you need to fit over the original steel fuel line is 8mm this is what I have used and it is a good fit so should be good for you too, are you getting much dirt in the fuel filter by the carb if not you could do away with it, presume you still have the original fuel filter down on the chassis rail by the fuel pump, they are good and filter well, as long as all the bits are in there :cool2: Could do away with the steel fuel line and connect a hose to the fuel pump then in to a after market filter then on up to the carb, this would mean the fuel filter is the otherside of the engine and away from the hot exhaust manifold.

The size of fuel hose you need to fit over the original steel fuel line is 8mm this is what I have used and it is a good fit so should be good for you too, are you getting much dirt in the fuel filter by the carb if not you could do away with it, presume you still have the original fuel filter down on the chassis rail by the fuel pump, they are good and filter well, as long as all the bits are in there :cool2: Could do away with the steel fuel line and connect a hose to the fuel pump then in to a after market filter then on up to the carb, this would mean the fuel filter is the otherside of the engine and away from the hot exhaust manifold.

Rich

Yes, I see your thinking re getting rid of the fuel line altogether... I shall chew on that suggestion. I could dispense with an in-line filter althogether, although for trouble-shooting I think they are a useful thing to have in place. Spotted an 8mm one on E-Bay tonight. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KIT-CAR-Inline-Fuel-Filter-CHROME-GLASS-8mm-Ends-/170532144732?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item27b482065c#ht_1481wt_905

Kind regards

Vulture

If would depend on the barbs on your fuel filter.

Using hose clamps you only need to be 'close'.

Most of the plastic filters I have used were 1/4in ID hose.

Okay, thanks for that.

Cheers

Vulture

Okay guys, here's the situation. I've sourced some new fuel hose, and a totally original in-line NOS filter (NOT) :nut:.

2696137140099353463S600x600Q85.jpg

So I now go to the existing set-up, and then realise I've never dealt with this sort of hose retaining clip before. Sooooo, here's the NOOB :n00b: question of the week, what's the best technique for getting these off ?

-

2220170840099353463S600x600Q85.jpg

-

2284499820099353463S600x600Q85.jpg

-

2172523830099353463S600x600Q85.jpg

-

Your help as ever appreciated

Kind regards

Vulture

Edited by Vulture
Format

Thanks for your thoughts guys, I'm going to attack them later this afternoon, when the engine has some shade on it. We have gone it seems in the blink of an eye from being cold and wet to being v hot !