RAF Blue Grey Paint Code

Edd

Does anyone have an up to date paint code for the RAF blue grey? The only code I have is BS381C/663 but my local paint place don't have a record for it. It is for my Unipower Forester that was with the RAF from about 1958 to 1962.ThanksEd

Thanks Clive! For some reason I had it correct on the e-mails I had but the copying it onto paper failed! Thanks Ed

Its easily done Ed, I'm dyslexic & very conscious of how things can get transposed.

It an easy one remember. RAF blue-grey? Think of the film 633 Squadron.

Of course owners of 1 Tonne Forward Controls should remember the colour of their engine, 101 :D

Its easily done Ed, I'm dyslexic & very conscious of how things can get transposed.

It an easy one remember. RAF blue-grey? Think of the film 633 Squadron.

Of course owners of 1 Tonne Forward Controls should remember the colour of their engine, 101 :D

Is there a theme of logic ascending here Clive. what a novel way to remember. Any other useful aids to references for Toasties and Pigs you can teach me please.

Is there a theme of logic ascending here Clive. what a novel way to remember. Any other useful aids to references for Toasties and Pigs you can teach me please.

Not really Wayne, the three Bronze Greens are easy to the remember though.

All greens start with 2 so just keep adding 2 then 2 then adding 1 to the last digit.

So you have:

222 Light Bronze green

223 Middle Bronze green

224 Deep Bronze green

Then you can do the same with the Brunswicks which are the next up the scale. Thus:

225 Light Brunswick green

226 Middle Brunswick green

227 Deep Brunswick green

It gets worse for NATO green. Think of "to wait 5" if you say it fast enough you get 285 :nut:

I think that's about it really.