Now the work will start with 13BK33 FV1611A

Where is that image from?????????????

Surprisingly it is from a Mk 2.

I looked at my Hornet pictures & for my old Pig & they are both the bakelite ones which seem to be far more common.

The odd thing about that picture is that the hole beneath is for the new position of the turn switch. That the allows the knob to be mounted upside-down because soldiers didn't understand the top part of the original pointer knob had a point indicating the turn direction.

The original upper hole should have been blanked over, but seems not to have been done & I assume when someone perhaps replaced the switch they chose to mount it in the upper hole as they still had the original pointer knob.

As you know the ISPL gives the lever as LV6/MT3/LU/316622. That I believe is the original metal pointer knob for your particular switch. I say that because the Hornet, which I know has the larger bakelite knob, is listed as LV6/MT4/LU/54336366.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TL6 seems not have been NATO codified & has VAOS as LV6/MT3/LU/56007A

I was searching under FV157965 & that gave no NSN return. However looking in the Hornet ISPL which is 1962 ie 2 years later than the Pig ISPL more items had been NATO codified in readiness for full implementation of NSNs in 1965.

That gives 6210-99-803-2097 but no FV no. although the Lucas no. is 56007 which is pretty much what can be extracted from the VAOS reference.

Clive I did recall the grommet missing in end plate of air compressor. Are these obtainable or is a simple bung reqd. I think you can see the conrod for piston?

Also I attach the images of the elongated sump drain I remembered that differs from FV1609????

Advice please :cool2:

Just a guess but could the sump plug extension be for use with a Ferret B60 ?

Well the modern high pressure oil lubricator has arrived and it is a bit more industrial than the Andy 5000X.

I intend to use this for oil and the Andy for Grease as it is full of the stuff right now.

The end attachment is larger than the Pigs 11B Nipples, so I guess Industrial sized for Tractors and HGV's. So will need to be changed.

Modern Oil Lubricator.jpg

....and why have you got in the office? I recognise that floor!

So now you have got the right equipment & done the training course we can all book our Humbers in for a full service. :D

At least you've got two of the correct attachments, one for each apparatus.

Very possibly but first check that it is for a hexagonal shaft.

So with VAT that is £26.34, they won't declare the P&P until you buy it, then add VAT to P&P. So that's going to be £30 just for a knob.

If that was the last thing you were stuck for before taking it on the road, it would be tempting I suppose. On the other hand in the present state it is in there are a lot of things that need attending to first. It might be worth biding your time & put the knob on the "things to look out for" list that you could pick up cheaper at your leisure.

Needle scaler is a good move. I also have a Clark but always forget to oil it. Make sure the grub screws are kept tight. The thread has worn out on one of the holes & the barrel keeps unscrewing itself. Unless you have a large capacity compressor use it for about a minute at a time waiting for pressure to come up to max again. It will be more efficient than using it until the needles are hardly move & then you have an even longer wait for pressure up. So time share the needling with another task to turn to when you start to lose a useful working pressure.

Very possibly but first check that it is for a hexagonal shaft.

So with VAT that is £26.34, they won't declare the P&P until you buy it, then add VAT to P&P. So that's going to be £30 just for a knob.

If that was the last thing you were stuck for before taking it on the road, it would be tempting I suppose. On the other hand in the present state it is in there are a lot of things that need attending to first. It might be worth biding your time & put the knob on the "things to look out for" list that you could pick up cheaper at your leisure.

Needle scaler is a good move. I also have a Clark but always forget to oil it. Make sure the grub screws are kept tight. The thread has worn out on one of the holes & the barrel keeps unscrewing itself. Unless you have a large capacity compressor use it for about a minute at a time waiting for pressure to come up to max again. It will be more efficient than using it until the needles are hardly move & then you have an even longer wait for pressure up. So time share the needling with another task to turn to when you start to lose a useful working pressure.

Oh Clive you have peed on my Bonfire.....I was so impressed with finding that elusive switch......

Indeed it does say 'Push On' so sounds favorable!!!!

I agree that such an item would be way down on the list, but came across it looking for the switches for a fuel change over tap on Landies on the same site.........Of course I would rather find one at an Auto Jumble etc for Pence.......Better knowing it was for classic cars also, so spreads the net a little...................

I noticed the grub screws on the Scaler and will see how they go! You are correct about the pressure being best to be most effective. When we used the Wally sparkplug cleaner that definately made a difference once the tank had re-filled. I have an inline lubricator with my compressor so the couple of drops every minute etc is taken care of.

I am expecting the larger areas to be treatable with the different grade flapper discs on the 4inch Grinder as they are great at removing to bare metal or flattening the paint.

• 2 weeks later...

Hia matey I know nothing about this piggy, funny how some vehicles scull around locally but you never get to know of them can't say that I've even seen it a show locally shame really as it looks half decent and I would have a punt at it myself if I had some spare wonga.

Saying that I have enough to do with the Champ thing and trailer thing and all the other toys :nut: Did you get hold of DC with you wolf info ? if not I;ll PM or txt you his No.

• 4 weeks later...

LV6/MT12/4730-99-807-3559 Bolt, banjo, brass, 12 mm x 1.25 mm pitch x 10 mm

which changed to Bolt, fluid, passage

or in old money

LV6/MT12/SX4122

Surprised you don't have all 410 pages in pdf on your phone, you never know when you might need it :-D

LV6/MT12/4730-99-807-3559 Bolt, banjo, brass, 12 mm x 1.25 mm pitch x 10 mm

which changed to Bolt, fluid, passage

or in old money

LV6/MT12/SX4122

Surprised you don't have all 410 pages in pdf on your phone, you never know when you might need it :-D

Cheers Clive but the disc is in the office and not there. Guess what I will be copying across to Android soon. Thanks....and best wishes.

I will be copying across to Android soon.

Yes that's the way to go I have word type documents, pdfs, database, spreadsheets & a significant photo album always with me. Just put 2,000 page document on & my card is only half full. I'm due for an upgrade soon but some now don't have a card & rely on a 'cloud' to access your storage. Don't like that I want to be independent of getting a connection eg would be useless at W&P if I wanted to look up a part number.

I'm due for an upgrade soon

If the phone is performing well and you are happy with it then you can stick with it. Perhaps alter your tariff as you will own the phone, and you can therefore go on a cheaper tariff if you prefer???

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

This was raised previously but never really answered.

I looks like an extension piece of some kind. Does anyone know why it would have been done.

My FV1611A is marked up as 4th Guards that would have been BAOR, but I have no proof to confirm it was in Gemany.

20120301_143254.jpg

Any clues to the Fonts of Knowledge??

Just had a quick look back over the thread the extension piece wouldn't be for a Ferret as the B60 for a Pig is a wet sump and the Ferret has a dry sump with an oil tank. From memory the clearance beneath the sump plug on a Ferret is on or around one centimetre.

I suspect its for ease of access is it a civvy modification? If it was used off road the extension would be below the cross member which expose it to rocks and the like.

Edited by ferrettkitt

Andy...... For A?????? Piggy?????

I don't think is was a ferrett mod and remember that suggestion. It must have a reason???

However it looks vulnerable to me unless somebody cross threaded the sump orrifice and this was a solution that would not weep as much????????

Thanks for the reply

Edited by Rover8FFR
typo