LR Ambulance

Ian0263

Howdy,

I am unsure as to whether you are asking about 1:1 scale or in 1:35 scale.

The short answer is yes to both by the way.

Years ago, Bob Morrison did a whole series of articles on the real life and scale model variants of military Land Rovers, they are timeless and should really be the benchmark of your research.

Yes I am a scale model maker also, but not for a few years, and yes I am a Land Rover lunatic as well.

I do have those articles, buried in a 20 ft sea container, somewhere.

R

Many Tx for the speedy reply Robin. The project is in 1/35th, and is the result of 2 articles in Military Modelling from 1977. They combined the Tamiya Ambulance with the Pinkie & producd the 1/4 ton SWB & Shorland.

I wanted to do what I assume the Brit Army would do & waste nowt when the Chassis changed, recycle the body kit (I know it was done with Snatches). Looks like a call to Accurate Armour is on the cards...

I think I may have those LR articles somewhere - but again, my refs are the same as yours packed away!

Ian would like to see your Shorland model please.

Clive - the plans I have are from September 1977 Military Modelling. From the research I have dug up (from your website BTW), the only version that can be made without serious modification is the prototype/early production with the headlights in the Series II/IIA position - I just need to get my head around moving them...

Ironically, the Shorland was my first conversion when I was 14, on the Italeri Series III, how I wish I'd kept it!

I also did a Shorland based on likely the same plans from back then.

Model came out nice but after a few moving adventures it was toast and got binned. Sadly no pictures from that one.

I did also do some of the 1/24 scale Esci ones and still have a hoarding of those kits (now being re released I see) and some of those Monogram 1/24 scale 88" kits. I copied Bob's article and did the Heathrow hardtop, that is also toast now.

Was just discussing with my good lady about where to set up a model table at home, negotiations still underway on exact location. Got my daughter to get the me 110 Wolf for Christmas to cut my teeth on again. Thinking of an assembly line fresh vehicle build, all mint and shiny and pretty.

R