For Ian - mobile 'engineers' workshop & German Bomber wing

Jack

Hi Ian.

As promised, I have found the images of the trailer and I have also added some of the Champ that is there and even more interesting some images of a peice of wing shot down over the airfield.

width=320 height=240http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/richmorris/Trailer.jpg[/img]

width=320 height=240http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/richmorris/trailer2.jpg[/img]

width=640 height=480http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/richmorris/P1010048.jpg[/img]

width=320 height=240http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/richmorris/bomberwing.jpg[/img]

width=320 height=240http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/richmorris/bomberwriting.jpg[/img]

Trailer looks interesting - are the Lathe, Mill etc till aboard or has it been stripped??

Neil,

The trailer looks like a Tecalemit serving unit. It is built on the 2 ton chassis, so doubtful it would be heavy enough for machine tools. The photos do not show the rear, but I would say it has a full width lift up door, under which are grease and oil lines on reels. Inside is a large compressor driven by a Petter petrol engine and various grase or oil pumps and containers. There looks to be a door on the side near front that drops down as a ramp and a power washer contained within on a wheeled trolley.

Richard

Thanks for the pictures Jack. The trailer looks similar to the brockhouse type but it hasn't got the wheel arches so guessing its slightly wider around 8 ft. I did consider converting one of these trailers into a living accommodation but storage and then moving it about put me off, maybe one day.

Nice to see the champ has still got its snorkel on it and it don't look to bad condition wise.

Is the owner going to do the champ and trailer up at some stage.

Neil,

The trailer looks like a Tecalemit serving unit. It is built on the 2 ton chassis, so doubtful it would be heavy enough for machine tools. Richard

I agree with Richard:

Trailer, 2-Ton, 4-Wh, Workshop Servicing, Petrol, Tecalemit Servicing Equipment.

width=640 height=462http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v684/fv1620/Tecalemit01.jpg[/img]

The User Handbook has some very nice photos of all the equipment, including how to service the servicing equipment!

width=640 height=439http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v684/fv1620/Tecalemit02.jpg[/img]

Seen GDSF 1990 same one?

I agree with Richard:

The User Handbook has some very nice photos of all the equipment, including how to service the servicing equipment!

Seen GDSF 1990 same one?

Hi Clive,

Going by the camo pattern it is the actual trailer in your photo. The illustration you showed is an earlier trailer. The one in question had a row of hose reels across the back in a seperate compartment, much like a garage set up.

We used to get called up to the adjacent Ord. Depot, their TMP used one for servicing. They used to shoot at rabbits with the grease gun, a good test for pressure and delivery!

Re. Ian's comment on the trailer make. It was a Sentinel chassis, whole equipment designation was FV2502(T). Width was 7'4".

Richard

The photos do not show the rear, but I would say it has a full width lift up door, under which are grease and oil lines on reels. Inside is a large compressor driven by a Petter petrol engine and various grase or oil pumps and containers. There looks to be a door on the side near front that drops down as a ramp and a power washer contained within on a wheeled trolley.

Richard

That Sir, is spot on :schocked: and it all still works and it is indeed fully kitted out on the inside :-o

Jack,

Just realised, the photo Clive posted of that actual trailer at Gt. Dorset steam fair 1990, it shows a Bedford RL light recovery behind. My guess is that its the same one you posted a pic of a few days ago. Small world!

Richard

I reckon you are right Richard the pairing would be the same and the camo pattern looked the same except the panel where there is a 4 on Clives picture?

Yes the early one was of the 1947 version. The EMERs are not so helpful with a full description. Some of them straddle a time when EMERs were being redesignated as the result of new sections. Some are in EMER VEHICLES GENERAL R 177/4 & some are in EMER WHEELED VEHICLES U 267/1.

Here is further confirmation of what you are both saying:

width=640 height=440http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v684/fv1620/Tecalemit03.jpg[/img]

WOW the wing looks interesting, what's it off?

looks like a tail stabiliser of some sort judging by the size

CAN I HAVE IT PLEASE! :naughty:

Bodge - hands off :deal:

I believe it is from a Dornier Do 217E that was coming over to hit Bristol when it was shot down, 3 of the crew died and one survived and he was marched down to the Police House by a farmer with his shotgun.

A wonderful piece of history.

Neil,

The trailer looks like a Tecalemit serving unit. It is built on the 2 ton chassis, so doubtful it would be heavy enough for machine tools. The photos do not show the rear, but I would say it has a full width lift up door, under which are grease and oil lines on reels. Inside is a large compressor driven by a Petter petrol engine and various grase or oil pumps and containers. There looks to be a door on the side near front that drops down as a ramp and a power washer contained within on a wheeled trolley.

Richard

Now that would be even more useful - especially for servicing the Stalwart where things like the prop bosses need oil injected under presure from a gun!!!

If it's in full working order - does he hire it out??????

Now that would be even more useful - especially for servicing the Stalwart where things like the prop bosses need oil injected under pressure from a gun!!!

Well its the same for the Humber 1-Ton in the Tracta joints. Sadly servicing on preserved Humbers is very poor or non-existant. Sometimes when it is done you can see that grease has been injected, on the basis that there are "grease nipples" but trying to explain that they are lubrication nipples is met with hostility. I have had all sorts of things muttered at me from I have been in the Army & it is in the handbook. But even in the first User Handbook of 1954 it explains what to do in great detail. I am only trying to save people from a joint failure. :dunno:

At shows although a vehicle can look nice & fancy with markings, fluffy toys, flags, guns etc. It is very sad to look underneath to see no evidence of recent servicing.

Well its the same for the Humber 1-Ton in the Tracta joints. Sadly servicing on preserved Humbers is very poor or non-existant. Sometimes when it is done you can see that grease has been injected, on the basis that there are "grease nipples" but trying to explain that they are lubrication nipples is met with hostility. I have had all sorts of things muttered at me from I have been in the Army & it is in the handbook. But even in the first User Handbook of 1954 it explains what to do in great detail. I am only trying to save people from a joint failure. :dunno:

At shows although a vehicle can look nice & fancy with markings, fluffy toys, flags, guns etc. It is very sad to look underneath to see no evidence of recent servicing.

Oh well - At least I can get some creitr for knowing it's oil & not grease!! :roll: :roll:

Something like that would be a god-send wherever MV's are stored I reckon!!!

• 9 months later...