Identification WW1?

Charawacky

Interesting chassis. Interesting challenge. But have no idea what it is. It possibly survived by providing something with portable support. In terms of narrowing down the possibilities... probably european, possibly german, big-big chassis, joggled frame, likely very early 1910 -1914 build. Probably not a Bussing or a Benz.

• 3 weeks later...

Cummon guys... We're not working hard enough on this chassis ID. I've been right through my photo collection and come up with nowt. Frustratingly, not that many photos show much underneath.:undecided: Are the rear wheels in this photo similar? (Appologies to whomever/whereever this unnamed photo came from.)

unknown truck.jpg

Pattern of the Saurer diff looks too rounded ( fat) where as the unknown chassis appears slimmer in section. Also the drive shaft input on the Saurer is lower towards the axle level and the first chassis shows input at a higher level to the axle.

Even with these points it could well be a different model or year of manufacture of a Saurer.

Doug;)

I went looking to the ad again and he added that it might be a DUX chassis. However, the only picture of a Dux that I have seen was of a LO truck that had cast iron wheels and chain drive. The trailer is for sale as well, a better picture of it can be seen here:

http://www.prewarcar.com/classifieds/ad62853.html

Regards

Marcel