Insurance

Tony Pearson

Question

Hi Guys

Just called up Footman James for a quote on my renewal and have been told they cannot cover me for the following answer to the questions, but you must answer all questions truthfully.

Question:-Has the Vehicles been modified or had any parts changed from new:-

Answer:- well yes there are over 70 years old

Questions:- Which parts ?

Answer:- i have no idea probably all of them as its old and i would not be able to list them all

Question:- your must be able to tell us ?

Answer:- well say all parts other than chases

Response:- we can not cover you then as no original

So who’s policy is valid then surely 99% of the vehicles out there are modified or have replacement parts.

Edited by Tony Pearson

9 answers to this question

They refuse to quote me ?

I would ask to speak to someone else, the proposal form asks about modifications, not standard replacement parts, think someone there has got it wrong. Never had a problem with FMJ, maybe send them an email asking them to clarify the question.

Replacing parts like-for-like is perfectly acceptable otherwise you wouldn't be able to insure any car after its first service! Their question is misleading and with all due respect I think your answer was not helpful either. Don't forget in this kind of situation where you believe there is no reason for you to have insurance refused you are allowed to ask to speak to a manager, who might better understand what you are trying to explain. :)

- MG

Hi Tony, they've never asked me that question, the last vehicle I insured with them was the Weasel quite recently and thay came up with agreed value without any problems. Sounds a bit to me like someone either overstepping their authority or getting mixed up with the vehicle type.

I recently recived a very snotty letter from Adrian Flux, my son has insurance with them, the letter adressed to me threatned me with court action over an acident claim in which i had been involved and was not insured. Except for three little facts 1 ) I had not been involved in any acident 2) I have never owned or even driven the vehicle the vehicle reffered to 3) I've never had, and won't ever now, had insurance with Adrian Flux. The attitude when I phoned them to demand an explination was 'Oh so what?'.