NORMANDY TOUR 2009

T corbin

I plan to book the ALBION CX22 in for NORMANDY 2009 . It went 30 years ago on its first trip . And will be 65 years old For the next trip. I think the truck and myself can then retire from any more long journeys . ( Might be some room if anybody interested) .All subject to ferry prices TONY

Ferry prices weren't too bad in 2004. (You can contact Britannia Ferries (?) to get the current prices & extrapolate a bit for 3 years hence) In 2004 we booked our own crossing from Portsmouth-Ouistreham as we didn't fancy the 80-mile road run to and from LeHavre. The crossing was also cheaper. This time, everyone will be booked on this route!

• 5 weeks later...

I've always preferred the american vehicles, but when I get to see pictures of trucks like that, and some other on this forum. I gotta admit I like them!!!

I've also been playing with the thought of going to Normandy, perhaps 2009 will be my year as well???

Good luck with your nice truck!

Marty

The picture was taken in NORMANDY in 1974 .The HIPPO was 1 of 3 vehicles .The other where ALBION SCAMMELL .All from DUXFORD The HIPPO & ALBION are still their but the SCAMMELL lives in ESSEX . All big & slow for early shows & tours . But the best tour we have been on TONY

• 2 years later...