G'Day from Oz

Hello All.

Being very new to this please forgive my many upcomming mistakes. I have recently purchased a Saracen Mk.2 82BA38 that was ex Hong Kong Gurkha, 10/19 Hussars and 13/18 Hussars. I have left it "as is" and am not sure if I want to restore it in any way at the moment. This is as a result of a GPW project taking far too long. Anyway, after driving M113s in the Aussie Army and Gunning a Lav25, the Armour was still in the blood. I'll see if some pics can be found. I wish to thank all the people who post threads and provide enthusiasts like me with such valuable help. Cheers David Lowell

82BA38.jpg

IMG_0164.jpg

G'day David.

Is it a runner? As you'll be able to see, I'm also new too this, but feel the question whether to restore or not is a personal one. My preference is to keep things fairly original, but able to be used. I think anything mechanical needs to run...

Enjoy the forum

G'day and thanks for the reply. Yes the Saracen is a runner. I have used it in an ANZAC parade this year (gets me out of marching) and it went fine. I have by-passed the fuel tank at the moment and only run it out of a Jerrycan. I dont think the tank full of fuel would last too long in our climate. It is as origional as the day it left the Gurkhas. As for restoration, I think the Jeep has to come first. Is there a Saracen register around? Anyway thanks for your time. Cheers Dave

G'day and thanks for the reply. Yes the Saracen is a runner. I have used it in an ANZAC parade this year (gets me out of marching) and it went fine. I have by-passed the fuel tank at the moment and only run it out of a Jerrycan. I dont think the tank full of fuel would last too long in our climate. It is as origional as the day it left the Gurkhas. As for restoration, I think the Jeep has to come first. Is there a Saracen register around? Anyway thanks for your time. Cheers Dave

Hi Dave, a warm welcome to the forum! There are quite a few Saracen nuts onboard this forum. I have tried my hand at making a register on the forum, Also a Word document on my PC with numbers owners and pics, but is way too big to upload. http://hmvf.co.uk/forumvb/showthread.php?19529-What-!-No-Saracen-Gallery

Have fun and enjoy!

Cheers,

Monty.