greetings from Holland!!

spitty

Hi Jack,

My son and I are currently restoring a GMC cckw 353 cargo, split axles after my son found this in an obscure website of an Norwegian lady offering flowers, plants and small oilpaintings.

The problem was it was sitting in Alta fjord- yes were the nobody wanted to fetch it from. No of our friends-truckers came ever so far north so we ended by finding a local shipping line regular along the Norwegian coast and Eemshaven in the north of Holland. My son went up to prepare things and second half of august we could receive it in Eemshaven.

Situation now is that all of tinwork what was rotting has been cut out and replaced and we are working on the brakes. Found an as new Hydrovac of Swiss?? overhauling cy for reasonable money. Soon we will send all the sheetmetals out to get blasted and spray painted (2x) . We hope to have it running at the beginning of May 2012 in order to be active in the Dutch liberation rallies. We are more used to Steel work as on Forum work.

Because of this truck we joint the forum, my name is Hein Klop and the name of my son is Fritz Klop. We live near by Groningen in the Netherlands, and are old lorry fanatics.

Greetings,

Hein and Fritz

Hi Hein & Fritz, welcome to the forum, you have gone to a lot of trouble to acquire this truck, having to transport it so far would have been a daunting prospect for most people. I wish you luck with the restoration, it would be nice to see some photographic progress. Many of us travel to Holland for the celebrations, maybe we might see you and your son with the truck....... well done.